blocked by proxy

Thread: blocked by proxy

blocked by proxy

Im going through an anon server here at work guess this site falls under one ore more of our companys internet policies so I might not be able to post for a while or untill I run a phone cord to this fax line that no one is using.....errrr then get fired for being to perssistent... ahhhh well
    The things you have to do to self educate these days geeeesh
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.

Where I work I find that if I uncheck:
    Automaticlly Detect Settings and
    Use Automatic Connection Script
    The corporate proxy does not block me at all.

I do have local admin rights which helps with this transaction. At my old job I worked for a software vender that did not work -proxy had to be configured -but they did not block only log.

Cheers,

-D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

look at http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229487

there was another similar app posted within the past few days..
    may i suggest that you search the forum..?

Thanks dspeidel, but this network is a little tighter than that at enforcing the rules

I work at a very large corparation and the proxy address changes every so often (no pattern that I see) and unchecking that means nothing. I dont have a network login but have managed to get by with an unused ip (hmm no mac address enforcement!) and using settings from another pc ie. proxy and gateway. I know the it guys localy but corprate network and network security is half way across the country along with the proxy and fire walls so no chance of warmming up to them there
    Now if the telephony would give me a phone jack I could......RAS....or mabey...errrr NM
    Integrity...loyalty.....and the willingness to make a better world for us all.