2 questions

Thread: 2 questions

Question 2 questions

hey, sorry if these are sorta st00pid questions but i need to know the answers

1. Where can i find a bunch of info on Linux, such as how to use it and where its sold...

2. How do i check if theres spyware installed on my computer without me knowing...

3. Are there minimum requirements to be able to install Linux? is it possible to use it on an older computer?

kk thx
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

No question is stupid question.
    Oh wait, there are some really stupid...
    But anywhay your questions aren't stupid.
    So sory that I don't have answers for you.
    For linux try on google or downloads.com and for spythings check whith an antivirus and after that chec your command.com and stuff for something bizar
    Ask and you shal get response
    ..Here I go and never will return.....

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    1> www.linux.org www.google.com

2> download adaware find it with google, can't remember site.

3> I have linux on a 386, and have seen it on a 286. Computer depends on what you want to do with it.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Hey, Thats 3 questions, LIAR!! heh.. J/k

Answers.

1) www.linuxdoc.org all the linux info you will ever need. www.linuxiso.org all the distros you will want.

2) a program called adaware will search and destroy any spyware on your system.

3) As far as I know linux can be installed on a 486 33mhz machine, although the xwindows might not run right. Linux is a command line system, so you shouldn't really have any problems. Although I would suggest looking at the hardware compatibility lists for each anyways.

Talking thx

thanks for all the feedback
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

You never know unless you ask...

1) The great Google will provide much information about great Linux sites - exactly what kind of info are you needing anyway?

2) As xmaddness mentioned, use AdAware, available www.lavasoftusa.com. Make sure you keep up to date with their signature files to ensure that you are scanning for the latest adware, spyware and such..

3) Never tested Linux on a really old machine, but I've heard plenty of stories about running a distro of Linux just fine on older machines...
    - Maverick

Originally posted here by Maverick811
    (3) Never tested Linux on a really old machine, but I've heard plenty of stories about running a distro of Linux just fine on older machines...
    On this point it depends on the distro and what you choose to install. Caldera has a distro that fits on a floppy. Debian has aspects that can install on an old X386 box. Or, if you want to pull all the stops out. You can choose Redhat, Mandrake or Suze with all the bells and such. With KDE, Gnome etc...
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Just beware: If you install linux on ur machine then you want to remove it and put windows back on BEWARE it is hard as hell to get rid of the linux parition.
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Partition Magic, or Partition Commander are good at removing setting any type of partition you want, fdisk the other ways are just to well much typing or want to remove run the debug script will reset the Hardrive just remember no matter what OS you have the tools you need on boot disks.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    if your doing a win98 and redhat 7.x dual boot see my tut here..