Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why does everyone hate me?

Unhappy why does everyone hate me?

?? i mean i started here by asking one topic about port scanning and i get flamed like a mother ****er....i mean.. everybody hates me except hunt x 7... it's like i'm in new in prison and i'm the fresh meat...whatever i did to offend you...i'm sorry, please except my apologies.

sincerely,
    gh0st

I don't dislike you at all, and I agree that some people flame too profusely. I haven't read many of your posts (I've been in the hospital for three days and just got home), but I know what ya mean. Just blow it off, make intelligent comments and ask needed questions that don't have to do with how to hack people or anything and you'll be just fine.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, I guess you came in at a bad time. There have been alot of s'kiddies coming in here lately and I guess people have been quick on the flame triggers.

I would suggest laying low for a bit and taking it easy. The main reason people have been not so nice is because you have been flaming back. That only leads to more flames. If you truley want to redeem yourself I would suggest deleting the threads you have been flamed in, that way noone will continue to use it as a flame place. I would also apologize to those that you have flamed by name. People here are forgiving but only if you truly mean it. I wish you the best in the future.

No hate from my corner of the world, dude.

But I did notice that in a couple (or more) of your threads, you suggested that an individual bend over and accept a particular object, idea, feeling, etc. into a very sensitive orifice. Not a great way to make friends or earn respect, I suppose.
    I'll be the first to admit that I, among many other members of this site, have asked, proposed, or otherwise interjected some pretty stupid ****, from time to time, especially in the "newbie" days. But, we eventually got the idea and just "laid low", as xmaddness suggested to you, and learned in silence for a while before posting things; and even then with not a small amout of trepidation about it.
    As for advice, I can only offer this: Lay low, learn at whatever pace you are comfortable with, RTFM, and post only when it serves your knowledge or someone else's. (The occasional bit of sarcastic humor(Negative is especially good at that) is always nice to lighten the mood of a thread...but not outright attacks, unless you feel that the site's intelligence is being threatened in some way (and be prepared to defend your position.)).
    I can tell you one thing for sure, though...by 'laying low', reading posts (advice, solutions, questions), reading outside links when posted, etc, etc... MY knowledge of security, hardware issues, and just the basic mindset of those that have and use their (sometimes overwhelming) technical knowledge has increased 100 fold. Don't ruin that chance for yourself by becoming indignant and defensive over a few 'bad reviews'. We've all had them, and will continue to have them from time to time...but hey, that just makes one want to learn more, in order to either fight back with the power of knowledge, or never make that same mistake again. Either way...you win.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

thanx a lot guys

Here Fishy, Fishy

No haterism (haha i don't talk like that) from me, ghost

i hate no one..
    well.. maybe the guy that sucker punched me in the mall some 10 yrs ago.
    oh.. then there was the roommate who stole about 700 bucks from me 15 yrs ago
    oh and maybe the ex.. naw.. she's just sick in the head.. can't hate her for that..

you're cool dude.. like xmadness said.. you picked a bad time to arrive.

damn, that sucks sumdumguy.... oh well..time to lay low...

Well, I guess that cleared alot up. . Hope you experience less with flames, now that you learned.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]