Thread: Microsoft Security for Xp goes down

Banned

Exclamation Microsoft Security for Xp goes down

Get this.

I recently re-installed Win XP home, and had to ring up to register it with ms. I rang, gave them the number and they said it had already been activated. i said yes im just re-installing it. the operator said thats fine and gave me another number.

Anyone, even with a pirated copy could say that. what kind of security for piracy is that.

Mayhaps they're not so concerned with people pirating their software as they are with not getting people mixed up in their database... (from their perspective, you were probably someone who got a copy of XP from a buddy or something and they wanted to give you a seperate number so they could keep tabs on you too and not get the "two" of you mixed up... That would be devestating to a Database, wouldn't it?

Doesn't anyone wonder exactly what kind of deal the .gov made with MS? Perhaps I'm just a little too paranoid... Perhaps using another OS is good therapy for me. Oh well...

Of course, I'm kidding about the part where they don't care about their software being pirated... I'm sure they do... Just saying, "Keep the security as tight as you can and enjoy the ride."

Best regards,

Rev
    Many will ask, \"Where do you want to go today?\" because they\'re still scratching for ideas.

With *NIX, there\'s already a way. The sum of us just need roadmaps to get there.

This is the one reason I'd never install this OS at home nor the Pro at work. This is designed into the OS. As for the priated OS well M$ is aware of this and you have a priated copy your going to be stuck cause htey know the codes being used. See thing is even though I have a corp license when I order a system I do not get a discount if I do not include MS$ OS and Office suite, so I pay two times and now I'm supposed to buy the right yes the right to upgrade every two years not knowing what useless crap will be Bundled. Will sit right where I am for two more years am more like a every 4 years upgrade person maybe 6 depends. You are going to make many calls to M$ and home version 6 calls you will have to buy it again. Meaning you tweak your system, like video card, hard drive, modem, memory your going to force another call to M$ it uses the MAC address of all your compotents change to many Call M$.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Originally posted here by Rev Jazzman
    Mayhaps they're not so concerned with people pirating their software as they are with not getting people mixed up in their database... (from their perspective, you were probably someone who got a copy of XP from a buddy or something and they wanted to give you a seperate number so they could keep tabs on you too and not get the "two" of you mixed up... That would be devestating to a Database, wouldn't it?

Doesn't anyone wonder exactly what kind of deal the .gov made with MS? Perhaps I'm just a little too paranoid... Perhaps using another OS is good therapy for me. Oh well...

Of course, I'm kidding about the part where they don't care about their software being pirated... I'm sure they do... Just saying, "Keep the security as tight as you can and enjoy the ride."

Best regards,

Rev
    W00t why even use winxp HOME?
    http://timon.reallysucks.com/signat.gif

[blur]I am the T-Monkey [/blur]

That's why I never bothered upgrading, and probably never will.

Slightly off topic... but personally I think that pay-again-like-a-subscription-after-you-buy software (especially offline stuff) has a marketing scheme that should be banished from existence and expunged from all records.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency