Thread: The Old Frontpage

The Old Frontpage

Does anybody think like i do and remember visiting this site and reading the Frontpage and finding lots of good topics in the list to read??
    None of these "Hacking Hotmail" or "Hacking passwords".
    Good tips on flaws and bugs in most known programs...Anyway my point and thought for a good idea would be to Ban the General chat posts from being on the Frontpage!
    Keep the list on the Frontpage to interesting topics on Vulnerabilities and virus info.
    As the main theme of this site is......"Know what the hackers know!!" Learn how to protect ones system??

Just a thought!!

It's a good idea that has been brought up before, but if the General Chat forum is taken off the frontpage then newbies end up posting jokes, chat etc. in forums such as *nix security, which we don't want.

I'd prefer to see the option to choose which forums show on your personalised homepage, so I could remove honeypot discussions for example because I never visit that forum. That way, everyone gets the best of both worlds.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Your idea excites me more!!

Then we could choose which good forums we wanted to see and monitor.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    JP took genral chit chat off the front page once before. It wasn't just newbies that posted in other forums. A lot of people did it, and it was only for about 3 hours.

I would like the ability to choose what shows up on the front page though...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hell no guys. I'm voting for banning the General ChitChat, Cosmos, and anything else NOT computer related. I mean,...if you look at what the site should offer, to what it actually does. It's quite sad. If people do post offtopic in forums, that thread should ultimatly be deleted, or moved - plain and simple.

Pwaring's idea is also quite neat. Having a personallized front page would be cool. But it would end up making people join just for the jokes and other BS. Rather than joining for computer reasons. One could simply say that he or she would only want General ChitChat to be on their main page. What to do then?...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Ban General chit chat, cosmos and anything else not computer related? Wouldn't that crush the whole antionline 'community' idea? You can't restrict the things people talk about on the forums, because anyone can post. Simple as that.
    But the idea of choosing the topics you want shown on the front is a good idea.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

No way, keep those forums open. Cosmos *does* have a lot of topics about maths, ethics and stuff that is about ``hacking``. Old post, but I just wanted to say that.
    I think posts like "Sexuality" are kind of stupid though...