Can someone help??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help??

Can someone help??

Hi!

Ok well I really like to play Pool at Yahoo Games. Well recently whenever I would start up a table to play, my crashguard crash assistant would pop up stating a crash in GDI32.dll It never did that before..and was wondering if anyone out there would know why it is doing this now and if there is a way to fix it..or would Yahoo have to do something. Hopefully someone out there can help me.

C-Ya LaterZ!

~*~Mystic Fire~*~

ry tying in sfc in the Run box for the system file checker...sound like there's a problem with that file

Not enough info have you installed anything and new program and or hardware? Look at what has changed since the last time you used the service, if anything is new then may be a driver issue. Not much info what OS, memory, etc can you be more specific with your box details in general?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Unhappy Uhhh.....

I haven't installed any new hardware or software. Nothing is new at all. As for details...well all I can really give you is the info that crashguard logged about the problem. I don't know if it will be enough. But here it is.....

~~~~~~~~~~~

ReportedBy=CrashGuard v4.0.1
    ReportDate=6/7/02 9:06:43 PM
    Program=C:\COMPUSERVE 2000\WCS2000.EXE
    ProgramDate=01/26/99 23:35
    ProgramSize=210432
    Fault=#c0000005
    Module=GDI32.DLL
    Address=017f:bff24dd5
    WindowTitle=CompuServe 2000 - [Yahoo! Games]
    LastMsg=(000007F8, WM_PAINT, 00000000, 00000000)
    AppCrashes=124
    ThisCrash=99
    REGS:EAX:03dee000 CS=017f EIP=bff24dd5 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=0000077e SS=0187 ESP=03def01c EBP=03def02c ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=03def0c8 FS=137f EDX=00000320 ES=0187 EDI=03001d90 GS=077e
    CSEIP=66 65 8b 01 66 48 66 83 f8 01 77 21 66 65 83 79
    Stack=84419e58 bff23e28 03003f80 00000246 03def0d4 bff958f8 0000077e 7ad35d18 03defbc8 7ad96aaf 03defbc8 03def190 03def180 03007a90 03def190 7ad825d8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now in this one it has the GDI32.DLL as the module...the one in which I was speaking of. But I looked in previous entries and it has two differnet modules of which are CSLOA.DLL and MSJAVA.DLL

If you need any other details and are willing to let me know how to get those details I will be more then happy to do so. But I really don't know that much about computers...I am hoping to learn more over time..which is why I signed up with this site. I hope I am not a burden on you all. Thank you so much for trying to help a poor soul like myself. It is very appreciated.

C-Ya LaterZ!

~*~Mystic Fire~*~

Uh oh seems to be two things one CompuServe your ISP that be AOL ownes your ISP, then there is Yahoo uh oh seems your ISP just cannot handle Yahoo after all AOL, Yahoo interoperability, then throw in MS to boot in short al want to use the GDI32.DLL their way. Two things do a google search on DLL Libarary don;t recall the url download and over write your exhisting windows/system/GDI32.DLL, or boot to safe mode usually F8 at the splash screen of your system or read how to boot to safe mode choose command line prompt when there like at c:_ <----that being the c letter and a blinking underline enter scanreg /restore you will get dates of the registry pick a date by using your arrow keys, say yes and confirm you want to restore that registry. Then re-boot is this will not work write a letter to the FTC and remind them that MSN, Yahoo, Yahoo, AOL, Compuserve have no right to impose public owned standards with their priporaty standards, or other wise ablsolve them self for breaking your computer using outdated software license agreements that do not meet american consumer protection laws...good luck
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

IMHO.. Crashguard causes more problems then it solves

A clean OS (with current patch's, Anti-Virus with up-2-date virus definitions, and some flavour of firewall protection) is all you need, if you've got time, a backup of personal data and a fresh reinstallation will be another good idea.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

I agree with that about Crashguard. I swear, I get more crashes when it is on than when it is off. And when it IS working, it usually doesn't recover any better than I can (often worse) by using control-alt-delete and a process-killer program. (For the ones that don't appear on the three finger salute.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned

Problem

I tend to agree with the room on crashgaurd causing system confilicts. You might also check your java runtime, and plugin sometime yahoo switches applets and they are geared towards Sun's latest release.

it's either a crashguard problem, a windows problem, or an aol problem...
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Thanx

Thank you Guys. I will try what you said Palemoon. JCDux, Yeah I will make a back up copy asap. I really should of done that so long ago, but first I gotta get my bro-in-law to fix my A drive. He was all messing around in there and I think he made the connections loose.

Thank you all for you help. I will let you know if I solve this problem, which I hope I do.

I am still accepting suggestions if anyone cares to lend me some. LaterZ!