Thread: Little Problem help ?

Little Problem help ?

Well recently I obtained a small problem. When ever I go to my computer and try to double click to open my C drive ( main hard drive ) Instead of opening up the hard drive it starts the setup to install a program I recently downloaded off of IMESH. If I want to open up my Hard Drive I can either type it in on the Address or right click and go to open. I just want to know how it was done and how to fix this problem it is kinda annoying. Any help you may have is greatly appreciated. Thanks all

ArchNixx, it may be interesting to know what the name of the program is, more importantly the distribution/downloaded name is. in the mean time follow my check list for this kind of problem..

1/ When you are trying to view your C: drive are you viewing via "MY Computer" or by using "Windows Explorer"?

If you are using "Windows Explorer" I don't know Sorry, else next Question

2/ If you are using "My Computer", is the file that is trying to install itself in the Root directory ie C:\ ?

if yes move it..

In windaz opening drives with certain file names/types will give different results when using the desktop My Computer to Windows Explorer

See how ya go.. not an answer as such..sry

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I would try opening up Windows Explorer... that is, their stupid file system browser-like thing... or right-click on the C: drive and click "explore" rather than "open" (default should be "open" which, for drives, is normally the same thing). Check to see if somehow something like an autorun.inf (or whatever the extension is) got thrown there...

Don't know if that helps or even makes sense, but... FWIW.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Do you have any file in C: that is autorun.ini or exe? as this is what CDroms use to run as soon as u put them in

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Thanks guys that was the problem but how do I change it back to where when I double click it instead of opening the setup it opens the C drive? Sorry I am not a whole heep familiar with the Windows operating system.

Thanks for any and all help.