Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RH 7.2 unleashed

Unhappy RH 7.2 unleashed

hi
    have anybody here read RH 7.2 unleashed ? is it good book for a newbie to learn linux in detail . if not'll please tell me some goood book to get started with.
    Thanxs in advance

Try Linux In A Nutshell. It's great material. This page has other resources too. Lastly, The Linux Documentation Project has extensive materials on how you can get started. Lots of luck

I have RH 7.1 Unleashed, it should be nearly identical to RH 7.2 Unleashed.

Is RH 7.1 or 7.2 unleashed available for online reading anywhere?

i tried ur link for 'linux in a nutshell' ,it says this product is no longer in print. so i think i have to settle down with 'unleashed edition' and download 'linux documentation 's' .anyway thanks for ur help

The Iceman Cometh
    Here's an updated link for "Linux in a Nutshell". The link provided was for the 1st edition... they are currently on their 3rd.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxnut3/

AJ

thanx, :-)

this isnt a good book if you are a newbie.
    i am a newbie.
    i have this book.

it says right on the book= userlevel:intemediate-advanced
    but you get the distro that is the bonus.

http://tldp.org

lots of good reading there and free. go on kazaa and do a search....for text documents you will find tons of books .pdf format to keep you busy reading for the next couple of years.
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

i have rh 7.2 unleashed and yeah like aphex twin said it isnt for the newbie..the main reason i got it was it came with the distro ..however for reasons unknown it wont load on my computer..it starts up and freezes. this might be from my incompetence (very likely) or something else.. im not sure..if anyone has any ideas i will gladly listen