hmmm

Thread: hmmm

Question hmmm

Hmm...I was just wondering if its possible to gain access to a network from a remote computer if all you know is the IP address of one of the computers that runs the network? or something like that...The reason I want to know is because my friend runs a network for a business and he wanted to see if anyone could do that so he could know if he needed to add extra security to it...I told him I would ask here so if anyone knows the answer (yes or no) please post it here. Thanks
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

Flash M0nkey
    me smells a freeagent again - well a wannabe perhaps(!?)

v_Ln

str34m3r
    You need more than an IP address to hack into someone's box, but getting the IP address is the first step towards breaking in. I sure hope you're telling us the truth about it really being your "friends" box, or else we might get really mad.

Angry grrr

Originally posted here by str34m3r
    You need more than an IP address to hack into someone's box, but getting the IP address is the first step towards breaking in. I sure hope you're telling us the truth about it really being your "friends" box, or else we might get really mad.

Not to be mean or anything but why do you think im lying??? why the heck would i lie??? please dont imediately think someone is lying because they ask a question remotely relating to hacking/cracking something...Thanks
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

If you rephrase your question into what steps can I take to help my friend secure his computer from hackers you'll most likely get a little more help.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

If the computer in question is on an internal network (ie. not directly connected to the internet), then first you'd need to find out what the IP of the gateway for the network is. Everything beyond that should be obvious.

Flash M0nkey
    darkwulf888 do a search for posts by freeagent
    might enlighten you into why these sort of questions are treated with certain paranoia

v_Ln

lol val, yeh, that'd be a good idea darkwulf.