Thread: where can i get Linux??

Question where can i get Linux??

Hey, I'm interested in buying linux to use as my main OS but I need to buy a boxed version that comes with instructions on how to re-partition my hardrive and stuff like that :/ If anyone knows where I can buy something like that plz tell thanks
    [shadow] The Reflection Of A Pool Does Not Reveal Its Depth[/shadow] [blur]-Anonymous[/blur]

well... I really wouldn't want to pay for linux. So if you ever come around check these sites:

Other then that, just drop by your nearest BestBuy or CircuitCity or something. If in the US at least.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

assuming that [webcarnage] was talking about a computer software store (im not from the us so im not sure of the names), you could also check out a bookstore and get a book on linux, they usually come with some form of it on a couple of cd's.

i got a copy of the linux bible from my uni bookstore and it came with redhat 7.1, it has all the info you need on partitioning, formatting and setting up your linux box, cost me $90 australian, not sure what that may be over in the us though.

try BestBuy, they've got all the major distros, also try hastings (i assume you live in the US)

also some guys tell me that you can download ebooks and text docs that give instructions

I have played with various distos oh linux and found SuSE to be the best ! excellent documantation and loads of packages as standard " went on without a problem onto dell inspiron laptop and gateway laptop which incidently ihad problems with debian and mandrake ! but thats life eh !
    I always buy the distos cos there so cheap and it is worth it just for the manulas you get with suse and i get them from the linuxemporium.co.uk which has lots of great stuff on there !
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously