I am posting this to help people and to gain point (hopefully ). I am on the abomitable list of the close to being banned for my low points. These are a creditted to my willingness to jump into controversial forums and state my own ideas, and my laziness in posting often or start useful threads. I can not call this a tutorial as it does not teach you haw to program fluently in javascript. I only am stating a useful instance and my date script for people to copy.

How many times have you wanted to state something when someone clicked a button, but you did not want to load a whole 'nother page just to say a sentence or two. Here are a few ways to do it:

If you want to use alerts here is how to go about it:
Code:
<FORM>
<INPUT type="button" value="next" onClick='alert("The password is FRED ")'>
</FORM>
What would happen if you wanted to include quotation marks in your alert? You could do it like this:

Code:
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
var message = 'Whatever" you" wanted" to "appear in the alert';
</SCRIPT>
<FORM>
<INPUT type="button" value="next" onClick='alert(message)'>
</FORM>
Sometimes alerts are not the answer since no html can be add to one. This can have many uses:

Code:
var message = 'Whatever you wanted to appear in the on the page including <H1>html</H1>';
</SCRIPT>
<FORM>
<INPUT type="button" value="next" onClick='document.write(message)'>
</FORM>
The above code clears the page and prints whatever you type in the message section! It's like having another html page!

I will finish up with one last script. I created it, and the code is not the neatest, but I think it will be of some use. It prints out the current date in the follow ing form:
ie:
Today is: June, 2002
Friday the 7th

Here is the code, paste it where you want the date to be displayed:

Code:
<!-- 
dayname = new Array("Null", "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday")
monthname = new Array ("January", "Febuary", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December")
ending = new Array("st", "nd", "rd", "th")
var time = new Date()
var timey = time.getYear()
var timed = time.getDay()
var timem = time.getMonth()
var timed = time.getDate()
var nof = time.getDay()
var nof = nof + 1
if(timey < 1000){
   timey += 1900
   }
  if (timed == 1 || timed == 21 || timed == 31){
     var ender = ending[0]
     }
     else{
          if (timed == 2 || timed == 22){
          var ender = ending[1]
          }
          else{
              if (timed == 3 || timed == 23){
              var ender = ending[2]
              }  
              else {
                   var ender = ending[3]
                   }
              }
          }     
document.write("Today is: " + monthname[timem] + ", "
+ timey + "
" + dayname[nof] + " the " + timed + ender)
//-->
</SCRIPT>
Well that raps it up for now. Please do not bash me to bad for the sloppiness of the code. I may post more in the future. I hope you can use these examples. If you are interested in learning javascript, please check out this site. It is the best free tutorial I know about.
http://www.javascriptmall.com/learn/contents.htm.