Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethics 101

Ethics 101

I'm not one to debate the details of hacking, cracking or scipt kiddies. To me it really boils down to one thing out here no matter what in the above you may be in. Bunch of people now getting old made all of this stuff work. I'm one of em and I'm rather tired at times. So ask your self this if you dare cause it is only you that will know the answer. Today this day I can seek and find info on anything. When in your life did your parent's, school, State, or Goverment become the enemy? Many places I've been in the world it is clear in the US it is not and other places deal with these things in their time and culture after all the US is not really a bellweather in such things. Anyway I can walk by a Window of any business anywhere in the world snach and grab what I can. So what would this make me? I can lift the hood or crawl under my car cut this and that and stuff will not work, I can even take myself and said car into an obstruction and it's all going to break. Point is Windows are fragile can be broken simple rock not real high tech there. The desire to learn is good, as to understand, but tell me get away from the computer going to hit you neighbor over the head steal all they have? Would you lirk upon a street corner prey upon the next person or wallet you could steal? Would you run over a person in a crosswalk to push the red light. Remeber out here that there are people and business that need this stuff..break it and well maybe mom or dad may not have a pay check 7 to 10 years of research were lost into Cancer cause the server was open. Consider it not as an open box understand the contents of what may reside there. All this is not a video game, any of it touch real people lives. Oops just a long hard life here...before you break it understand fully your actions and you want to me famous for making the world better or proving M$ or any OS is broken?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Hmm.. I don't think I exactly get what you mean here... Some clarification perhaps?

deep, man, very deep, , nicely said though
    /me stares in awe at words his puny mind cannot decipher on the screen and bows to palemoon

Is the box real or the people that run the box wrong? There is a flaw in everything in life media and crackers, hackers, script kiddies live for the flaw any OS has them not real high thinking concept...thing is it does have a cause and effect on real lives..some of them people or Nations modest. Point is you see a box to use and do what makes this different then saying rolling an old man or womanfor a wallet or purse? For your own gain..I walk streets everyday am not attacked..just cause it is digital now will not ever make it right. Humm a flaw is like a open zipper after going out of the Can, CR, Lu...depends on the culture of what a a rest room is called. To be correct for females that would = panthose in the waste band, paper in the you know where.... Computer are an extension of real people and their lives and where they work pay the bills..Simple boxes make pay check that pay bills..is this clear..if not then sit where I have through the 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's learn this history cause for me it is not but another day in my life..throw in 2001 and 2002 also and I cqn teach you howd to fold a new $20 and then ponder.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Nice post man thats intense

well said once again................
    /me bows down in awe of palemoon's wisdom

Am not here to gain points hell 1/2 the time I forget how to post a thread. Guess thing is you are all good people some intentions through youth, self gain fame what ever simply need to ask is it a box or people lives. Been lucky came from modest starts to where I am, know who I turn to and I am old? People older then me hopefully dirt..cause they may not know computers but boy do they have knowledge and I apply that one concept here. Computers = people a box you use may hold one person life their family. Me I'll choose to protect this digitally as much as if you walk in my front door and I do not know you..will not be pretty after all do it real life your life may end depending upon the owners ways.

Simple Stats from a Dot Edu, you know those worthless State Employees from any given University cause people wamt to learn to exploit for oh an open box. Get a clue a dot edu is open for people that pay lots of $ to learn. Ok Ok stats one dot edu.

April 2001 Research Data Lost Under Grads entire file system deleted as they watched. The cost of their attending the U well mom and dad, grants, student loans, and perhaps a years study lost. Attend a EDU it sort of cost someone money. What did these real people pay and the delay of their degree? Were there stupid no the US EDU system is supposed to be open to other ideas did this person say hey your server has holes nope mass delete for what mom and das ISP account and they could.

October 2001 Again Researchers system insecure from an FTP file exploit well known. Dah they are into their research not system security, result backdoor reentry, research ac****s shut down and research personnel locked out. Data lost Cancer, AIDS, Downs Syndrone, Fital Acochol Syndrone.

January 2002 Admissions email server compromised and used to attack other computer systems. Resut server being off line during deadline processing for apps. Did you make it to that dot edu or lost in the shut down?

So is the result of just the tip of the ice berg so to speak...so tell me was it a box or people lives here. Answer is clear the box is there it's purpose is intended for the user not you. Who appointed any of us to scan and then use these systems. If we are to offer in the US an open learning enviroment then such boxes will always be open by nature. So what is the next hack just can I can result in lost data that may wipe out research data that is a decade old that may hold a key to cancer ot well when you grow old all this **** that hits your body and mind, or maybe you newly born child. Are these things worth it is that box thatr damn important do you even know if the box your breaking may save or loose a life. Computers are tools and this age of breaking them and their info is not good and will never be selfish intent in any act for ones own gain at the expense of any human is wrong.. Nighters and will be back when I get here

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Well Spoken.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Computers are also weapons...