Thread: Anti points or anti hacker ?

Anti points or anti hacker ?

i am new to this AO stuff but have made 24 posts now ! relating to linux,filesystems etc and thought i was helping people out? OK i have asked where there is 2600 meetings because i thought that 2600, hacking etc was a security issue ! apparently not as all i keep getting is negative antipoints man ! I came here to learn and hopefully help others as well as meet people and convers ! apparently htis is not how it is here ! there is alot of anti-hackers here ! Correct me if im wrong but what is wrong with hackers and hacking ! Look up the term hacker people ! It is about learning unrelentlessly about everything ! If you are talking black hat hackers and crackers then yes i see the point but dont tar every one with the same brush ! this site is about IT security remember which as far as i know is related closely to hacking and hackers, doh ! I am anewbie hacker and proud of it, i am not black hat or a cracker but want to know and learn everything about it security issues and such like ! stop being anti hacer etc and learn what the term really means, we have the media for giving things a bad name without the security industry contributing as well !

hacker = term applied to someone who hacks at the keyboard which originated at MIT
    not someone who goes around destroying computer systems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thankyou
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

hacker = term applied to someone who hacks at the keyboard which originated at MIT
    hmmmmm and i thought it started with model railways (!?)

Academic hacking is generally traced to Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where The Model Railroad Club developed sophisticated railroad systems in the 50s. The word "hack" was used to refer to technology-based practical jokes or stunts. Its meaning shifted to the technology needed to perform the prank, and later came to mean a clever technical solution in general.
    taken from Hacker culture(s) origins

v_Ln

OK i stand corrected, i new it was from MIT and know that there is alot of confusion surrounding wheter a hacker is good or bad ! doesnt the person make the term good or bad not the term ?
    anyway if im wrong and am posting too much crap then i will refrain in future ! just want to try and help and am keen to learn !

Tanks for the correction anyway
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

what's ! with ! the ! exclamation! marks?!

Angry exclamation marks

yeah ! it ! was ! really ! starting ! to ! p**s ! me ! off ! why ! can't ! they ! just ! use ! full ! stops ! like ! everyone ! else?

P
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

hehe... lol
    and geepod: most of us know what a hacker is... since many of us are hackers and don't worry too much about the neg. anti-points... some ppl just give anti-points when a comment or question would be better... Positive anti-points are however worth something.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

See here. This will explain it somewhat. My take on the subject:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...885#post531505
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    hmm... ok my post in the thread p2p points at, had to be posted here.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...=&pagenumber=2

Or geepod why do you post things twice?

Banned
    *yawn*