Internet Connection Trouble

Thread: Internet Connection Trouble

Internet Connection Trouble

Greetz all.
    I've got a bit of a problem. After having MANY problems with my WinME box, I eventually used the System Restorer and set it back to a date before any problems occured. This worked great, except for one minor thing. My internet connection doesn't work. I get the connection dialogue box, and everything works great up until the "Verifying username and password" part. It just stops. No errors, it just refuses to go any further. Also, once this happens, my programs start "not responding" one by one until I have to shut down and reboot. I double-checked the connection settings with those on my Win95 laptop (which work great, BTW) and they are perfectly fine.

Any ideas?
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

hmmm.. not quite sure PhirePhreak but maybe your tcp/ip stack has gotten corrupted.
    delete all your network stuff and try a reinstall of whatever components you use.