June 10th, 2002, 02:42 AM
About Universities etc.
I read another post on these forums about universities etc.
I am doing my AS Levels right now.
I needed some information I have some questions in my mind.
1) There is Computer Science ok basicly what does this teach you?
2) Where can a computer scientist can work? How much salary can he get?
3) There is Software engineering as I know this is purely about programming. yes?
4) Is programming covered in Computer Science? If yes how detailed is it? Is it as detailed as Software engineering?
5) In the computer sector what do you think brings good money?
6) What about security is it another degree like Soft. engineering or Computer science or is it a part of a degree?
7) If I want can I take like double majors in university? Like Software Engineering + Computer Science at the same time?
8) Will that double the price of the university? Or the price would stay the same?
If you could answer some of these questions I will be greatful.
Give me the strength to be what I was and forgive me for what I am.
June 10th, 2002, 05:20 AM
My leg is hurting really really badly right now so I don't really have time to answer this, but let this post serve as a bump and as a promise to answer this thread tomorrow if no one else does before I get back (and I know more of you out there can answer these questions, help a guy out!).
June 10th, 2002, 05:31 AM
computer science is one of the broadest degrees universities award, most tend to use it as an all inclusive degree for computer related things such as comp. security, web design, programming, and such.
software engineering isnt purely programming it deals alot with the planning stages of a programs production
costs are upto the univeristy in question as it can very from school to school
anyways hope that helps some
what is love but contempt for hate?