PhpBB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PhpBB

PhpBB

Hi im a newbie to Antionine and security in general. This is a great website and i have been lurking around for a while. I can make one sugestion to make this place better. Why dont you convert to www.phpbb.com it is much better than vbuiltin and it is free. Thanks to John for this great place and i hope to stay around for a long time & sorry if this sounds like an advertising pitch. Im not trying for it to be.
    Share on Google+

TechieChick
    Spam!!!!
    Egads man, join a site and suggest they change the very foundation it's built on??

You..uh..wouldn't be a partner over at phpbb.com now would ya?
    Share on Google+

PHPBB?!?!? Blech. Even the new version sucks... the user and group management is horrible, to say the least. And, well, vbulletin is well supported by the community. This board/community has so much behind it that simply converting the forums to anything would be, well, nightmarish if even that easy. VBulletin is commercial for a very good reason... just look at what most of the big boys use - it sure isn't PHPBB.

As TC said, you wouldn't happen to be one of the developers/partners at PHPBB, would ya?
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"
    Share on Google+

lmfao, I just went to the site to take a look, the demo didnt even work.
    Share on Google+

As it is free every body know the algorithm and decryption and can hack very easyly and as far as managment is in view so that is just a show piece for beauty i must say it is very beautyfull. but i have used it is not what you think. ok bye use it for your self it is a great fun and research for your self.
    Always From Better to Best
    Share on Google+

As TC said, you wouldn't happen to be one of the developers/partners at PHPBB, would ya?
    No im just someone who likes good open source software.
    Share on Google+

You do have a point about liking good open source software. However, this community has already been fully established, and is working more than just fine with what it has.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by Slimeboy
    No im just someone who likes good open source software.
    So what does PHPBB have to do with that idea? :P
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"
    Share on Google+

Originally posted here by draziw

So what does PHPBB have to do with that idea? :P
    PhpBB is free open source software.
    Share on Google+

Re: PhpBB

Originally posted here by Slimeboy
    Hi im a newbie to Antionine and security in general.
    Really? I never would have guess that.

This is a great website and i have been lurking around for a while.
    Obviously not long enough to see what's actually supposed to be discussed here.

I can make one sugestion to make this place better. Why dont you convert to www.phpbb.com it is much better than vbuiltin and it is free.
    So you'd like JP to undo all the hard work he's put in creating the antipoints system, bumping up threads etc. and rewrite it all just to fit in with phpBB?

Thanks to John for this great place and i hope to stay around for a long time
    Make some proper informative and interesting posts and you might just do that.

sorry if this sounds like an advertising pitch. Im not trying for it to be.
    You obviously didn't try hard enough. However, most advertising pitches tend to spell properly and follow the rules of punctuation and grammer.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.
    Share on Google+