Remote CD Ejection
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote CD Ejection

Remote CD Ejection

A friend of mine is able to eject cd rom drives from across his network that has a mix of Linux (suse), NT,Win2K and Win98 machines. he can do it on any of them as long as he knows the IP address. I find it hard to believe that it is that simple although i have seen it happen although he wont tell me the command or commands. Does anyone know of it or come across it or any ideas how he could be doing and maybe just lying about the command to do it ! i have seen him to do it from a DOS machine that is on the netowrk and ejects the CD on the linux box
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

TechieChick
    I found this while doing a simple google search.
    It's a free proggy and works on multiple platforms...sounds like it fits the bill to me.

TC

There is no such command which can do that . but you are infacted with some kind of virus like bo and other server controller scan your computer for virus then see if it works. thanks
    Always From Better to Best

Hazarawood sounds like he's on the right track. Smells suspiciously like a Trojan Horse to me. Maybe you should get him to show you the other fun things that Sub7 can do! Like inverting the screen, deleting/renaming files, and getting you frowned upon by all in the security community, getting you busted, etc...

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

TechieChick
    Guys..he said his friend can do it over "his" network..not on geepod's computer...unless I am the one that misunderstood...

Geepod? Clarification please?

so those programs can also work no network these programs just need victim with virus and their ip address
    Always From Better to Best

Yeah i can do that too over my network, I just go upstairs to my other computer and press the little button near the CD Rom.
    Works great for me

erm, guys...i dont think some of you are thinking this all the way through. he spefically stated that "his network that has a mix of Linux (suse), NT,Win2K and Win98". now you name me a single trojan that works on all those systems...or even just a Linux trojan(i dont know of any, thats for sure).

my money is on a legit RAT* like VNC.

*RAT = Remote Administration Tool.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Re: Remote CD Ejection

Originally posted here by geepod
    i have seen him to do it from a DOS machine that is on the network and ejects the CD on the linux box
    Like 8*B@LL, I don't believe most of you thought it through, other than TC, as he also said he can do it from a DOS machine....

Now, it could be a RAT or VNC like TechieChick stated... or it could be remote execution of a simple program which ejects the CD-ROM Drive.... Windows supports commands being executed remotely (whether intentionally or not), and most likely, Linux does too...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

A multi trojan system with IPX/IPS Protocol will do the same

Its all about remote computer a backdoor an open port might do more .
    MODY