Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The AntiPoints pettition

Banned

The AntiPoints pettition

I have a dream, I dream that alll antipoints, posetive and negative should have a name, that all should deserver a signature.... And with JPs new balance feature (which will certainly bring a huge decline in posetive AntiPoints) will make a lot harder..... Im starting this list that would allow all the members on the site who will sign their AntiPoints with their handles be they greenies or reddies to post to it..... According to this new feature I must make up 47% in reddies, all of which will be signed!

/me signs petition and nods in agreement...
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

str34m3r
    I'll sign up too, but I still don't like Mr. Miyagi.

Banned
    My Antipoints don't count yet but I also support the idea that each Antipoint should be signed but in a previous thread about the same topic, someone brought up a good point, that being if Person A gives Person B negative Antipoints for a post then Person B might get mad and give Person A negative Antipoints just to return the favor.

So I support the idea but it has it's drawbacks.

TechieChick
    As you are very well aware of Acid, it's been asked for in the past and refused.
    I'm in the same boat as you are though and I have a ton of negs to give out in order to balance my points out and I can't say I'm thrilled about it either.

I doubt that the system will be changed but I will post my nick to every red or green antipoint I assign from here on out.

I don't mind the antipoint system, it's works and typically those that complain are the ones with the negs....but I see your point. If we're going to give constructive criticism then we should stand up and say who we are, no drive by's damnit!

Banned
    /me agree's with TechieChick....

*ducks*

This is probably going to get me smacked upside the head, but maybe not.

If you need to randomly assign Antipoints in order to balance, why not just picked a banned member and use them as a target? They're banned, it's not like they're going to care.

*attempts said idea* How odd.

I've assigned positive antipoints twice. Negative(until now) once. These assignments totalled 10 antipoints. I just nailed a recently banned moron with 4 negative points, and I'm still -way- positive? How's this balance thing work anyway?

I don't really see the need, or the point, of requiring a balance in assigning. The only possible benefit is for those who never have anything nice to say. They'll be forced to at least attempt to say something nice.

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

So far I think the system is working fine, but then again I'm new here.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I always sign my negs and pos's anyway. But I see your points both good and bad. I havn't had anyone hold a grudge about it and start hitting me back with them or anything, so I think its safe. I also think that there should be a report button made for those really really nasty remarks that are sometimes said in negs. Maybe next to contact this person JP could put a bring this to the attention of moderator or whoever type thing. Just my $0.02

What are anti-points?