Agnitum Outpost

Thread: Agnitum Outpost

Agnitum Outpost

Man, I should have downloaded this thing a long time ago! It is easy to configure, yet it has tons of options. Excellent product, but I'm sure most of you already knew that!

for who ever doesn't know what Agnitum Outpost is its a firewall that is developed with open architecture and has many plug ins. you can find it at www.agnitum.com . I my self have not tryed it just posting some info on it so everyone wouldn't have to search.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Originally posted here by Mucolaca
    for who ever doesn't know what Agnitum Outpost is its a firewall that is developed with open architecture and has many plug ins. you can find it at www.agnitum.com . I my self have not tryed it just posting some info on it so everyone wouldn't have to search.
    My bad, I should have mentioned that!!

65_289 are you using it on a windaz based network... be interested in your comments if ICS is in use also... my XP system almost ground to a halt when I tested it a week ago.. went looking for more info.. nuthin yet that helped,,

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned

i was using agnitum outpost found it 2 b ok untill i tested it for leak"s and the information from leak test connected 2 leaktests server
    and i didnt let it through that was round about the time my proxy setting"s messed up could i have been hacked
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    If you run Outpost in Rules Wizard-Mode, this is what you should get (basic settings):

Firewall Leak Testing Utility requesting an outgoing connection with

Remote service: HTTP (TCP:80)
    Remote adress: www.grc.com

Outpost Firewall should:

Allow all activities for this application
    Stop all activities for this application
    Create rules using preset (Download manager/Browser/Other)
    Leak Test will fail if you select "Stop all acitivities for this application" .
    If you select to create your own rule, you'll be given this choice:

1. Select the Event for your rule:

- specified protocol
    - specified direction
    - specified remote host
    - specified remote post
    - specified local host
    - specified local port

2. Select the Action for your rule:

- allow it
    - deny it
    - reject it

3. Rule Description:

Where the protocol is TCP
    direction is Outbound
    host is www.grc.com
    remote port is HTTP
    If you give IE access using the standard Outpost rule (allow all Outbound HTTP ports 80-83), Leak Test will succeed as it uses IE to send its data...

Outpost is as good as the rules you set for it... Problem is that not everybody wants to create a different rule for each site they visit...

My conclusion (I've been using Outpost since the first beta version): Outpost stops everything, unless you allow something to access the net... Seems trivial, but that's what it always comes down to...

Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    65_289 are you using it on a windaz based network... be interested in your comments if ICS is in use also... my XP system almost ground to a halt when I tested it a week ago.. went looking for more info.. nuthin yet that helped,,

cheers
    No ICS here, I am on a LAN behind a firewall/NAT.

I am running it on an XP box and so far it is the cats meow. I love the fact that you can set your own rules with it. I will be sure to tell my friends about it. Peace.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]