need help please! comp to comp networking with no hub

Thread: need help please! comp to comp networking with no hub

Question need help please! comp to comp networking with no hub

I need to network two comps straight together with no hubs.... Is there a way to resplice a cable so it can work?? Or am I just doing it wrong? It keeps saying that it is unpluged, and it is indeed pluged in. Please help me!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Two ways:

Parallal Cable or crossover cable.

Some directions here: http://www.vector.kiev.ua/product/cyclades/tech/cab.htm
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Greetings all ,
    I prefer that you use 2 Eithernet cards , Install one of them on the Pc (server) and the other Pc As well (client ).

In The server go to the Network from the Control Pannel and Double Click on Network , In the network components (lets say that your Eithernet cards Name is Realteck , in the component Try to find Tcp/Ip > Realtek .... go to the properties in the Ip Address in the Ip Field Type 192.168.0.1
    in the subnet mask type 255.255.255.0
    In the DNS Configuration TAB Add your ISP DNS servers .

NOw thats the server .

In the client Do the same But change the Ip to 192.168.0.2 and 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask .

In the gateway Tabe Add the Servers Ip ( 192.168.0.1) .

and in the DNS configuration Add Yous ISP DNS !(BETTER) .

now your are done with the protocol Configuration , the rest you have to do it with your self .
    go to My network places and double Click the Add network , And follow the Steps

Thats all for now , for more Information , Please Contact Solution_bh@hotmail.com

Thank you !
    MODY

Moodyz81... Thats all well and fine if he used a hub. He's not as stated. He is using two nic's just by the message its giving him. All he needs is a cross over cable and he'll be fixed right up.

For nic to nic (puter to puter via 10/100 nic etc..) you need a crossover cable.
    For nic to hub(router, switch etc...) you need a patch cable.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

i have an eight wire cable thats cut in half and ready to be spliced as a cross over cable, i just need to know which colors represent which wire to make it a cross over, please help......thanks

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Harpo,

Do you have a crimper? last I checked (yesterday) you need a crimper to make the cables....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Splicing the wire is bad. It will work (maybe) but the signal loss will be very high. It is better to make a crossover cable, not splicing a cable. Although you don't need crimpers if you are going to splice it...

Anyway, just splice 1 to 3, 2 to 6, 3 to 1, and 6 to 2. If you are splicing it, I wouldn't even worry about the rest of the wires, because you loss is going to be bad anway.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman