Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto-hide banned users' posts

Auto-hide banned users' posts

I think the messages posted by a banned user should automatically be hided, like the ones from users you have put to the ignore-list. Or there should be an option in the ignore list itself to ignore posts from all banned users.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Hi mom!
    Good idea, I like it.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I think there should be an option, yes, but I don't think it should be hidden first-of-all. Good idea, Zero.

yup def an option - but not an auto hide as some msgs by banned users actually contain some good conversations from other users (mostly of topic from the original msg tho )

v_Ln

Frydenlund
    Why not just delete everything about the user? That makes more sense to me.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Focmaester used to have some good posts. He was just banned because of antipoint abuse. Never know when that type of thing is going to happen again...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Frydenlund
    Damn it seems that I've written 4 threads and i get a stupid notice sayin I'm gonna be banned so before i do get banned i would like to say somethings in protest. This whole idea of letting members decided who gets banned with AO points is not very good. Some Members which carry a high number of antipoints may not deserve them in my opinon but since there high numbers are what choose if you get banned or not. This is bullshit. Expressing your opinon is what AO was all about. Just because you think Linux sucks doesn't mean you should get banned, but ofcourse you will. Just as I am getting banned for expressing my opinon on that hatefull JP thread. I've got nothing against JP but i notice alot of people kiss his ass. AO is just turning into ****. It's no longer a place where you can express your views. It's just a wasted of space. If JP was smart enough he would realize that alot of his senior members or people with HIGH antipoints aren't making the correct decisions and are abusing the rights they have. This whole rating systems blows. New People used to come to AO and ask questions now they can't even do that without getting banned. You people aren't teaching them anything about anything if you just ban them. You don't give them a chance to learn and make up for there mistakes. I'm sure alot of people feel this way but they won't say anything or post it up because they will get banned. I say it because i got balls, I also have made up my mind that this place is ****. You are all very ****ed up in the head. You all think you know so much but yet you would rather abuse your rights. I say pull your mother****ing heads out of your butts look around and help others out. Don't ****ing ban them. I'm sure I won't be able to comment on this, or defend my actions. But that was the main idea. To show you how AO members don't help. How AO members thing they are the high priestest of COmputer Security, To show you that AO members pick on people when they can't say nothing back to defend themseleves. So if any new people are around and reading this i suggest you just leave. Don't waste your time with this Place. AO does not have a good community. It's resources on security are very small. That's it. I hope you did read all of it or you won't understand why i won't be able to reply. So good luck all you AO members with your future endevors i hope i said somthing in this thread that made sense to alot of people cause i know i'm not the only one here. To all the newbies and all the new AO members remeber what i said it's not worth it. Alright I'm out PEACE!

Banned
    Back to the topic, I agree that that should be an OPTION, but like valhallen said, some banned AO users actually posted some good things that are useful plus if a noobie wants to learn by example what not to do at AO he can go read some posts by members who learned the hard way, getting banned.

Originally posted here by Frydenlund
    Just as I am getting banned for expressing my opinon on that hatefull JP thread. I've got nothing against JP but i notice alot of people kiss his ass. AO is just turning into ****. It's no longer a place where you can express your views. It's just a wasted of space. If JP was smart enough he would realize that alot of his senior members or people with HIGH antipoints aren't making the correct decisions and are abusing the rights they have. This whole rating systems blows. New People used to come to AO and ask questions now they can't even do that without getting banned.
    I disagree, the banning isn't for expressing an opinion that ppl don't like it is for abusing the forums or abusing the ppl in the forums. From what I understand from what I have read here, you are entitled to your opinion. If you express it in such a way as to be abusive or flaming, that is where your troubles begin.

I have learned a lot from this site, I don't always agree with everything I read, but I do treat ppl with respect even when I disagree. I am not being banned. It is a matter of maturity, how you post. And the ability to read and learn.

Rant over LOL

i dont like the idea... some post they make MIGHT have been good!
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..