Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hacking hotmail..fyi

Originally posted here by drew_1790
    a security website yes, but i posted to share knowledge, people read what they are interested in, if they didnt care about reading it then they wouldnt have clicked on the post in the forum...i am just sharing a flaw in hotmail
    Most of us already around here know how to hack hotmail(but would never), but the kiddies don't, we don't need someone teaching them how to hack hotmail and send a virus they made with a program. They would probaly use this for bad. Would you really want to teach malicious script kiddies how to hack hotmail, I don't. But, thats my opinion, some script kiddies are good, but start as script kiddies.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

The "hacking hotmail" or "how to hack hotmail" thread seems to be a tradition here.

Drew, I have some advice for you:
    - don't call your thread with a such name.
    - don't post a such thread if you have only 5 old posts. It is suspect.
    - you should use a less direct way (in your syntax) to talk about such things.

Otherwise your next nick will be drew_1791.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Originally posted here by drew_1790
    WAYS TO PREVENT THIS HACK:
    -------------------------------------------
    i suggest when you register, dont use your real birthday, or zip code!!
    I have that little "Warning members" thingy on my/AO's homepage so I need to start posting again.... o.O

Anyways, you want a way to "prevent this hack", well, I have a way, don't make your secret question and answer easy for a person to guess. If you want to go further into preventing whatever it is you want, consult the Hotmail staff at staff@hotmail.com or support@hotmail.com. They'll be more than willing to help you out.
    Viper

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    original question in the post was, has this been done before?!?? thats what i am asking
    Yes, this has been done before. It isn't a flaw in hotmail's system, it is a flaw in peoples thinking. They think that no one who would hack their account would know that much about them, yet most people who hack hotmail accounts are doing it to people they know.

why would i be banned? for sharing knowledge?? isnt that what this site was intended for?
    This site is intended to share security knowledge. You don't post an exploit unless you also post a fix. It isn't good to post the fix 10 posts later, you have to do it when you make your original post.

people read what they are interested in, if they didnt care about reading it then they wouldnt have clicked on the post in the forum
    Many of us read every single thread on this forum, weather we are interested or not. If you found a new exploit, and gave a fix at the same time, I would have been interested, even though I don't use hotmail. If someone posts about samba, there are only about a dozen people that can help them. We read posts to find new information and help those that need it. And then sometimes we read them to flame a stupid post.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Viper...i was just showing that it is not necessary to know the secret question's answer. this was one way to get around it, however, someone can gladly remove the post, sorry for the trouble...lol

Yes this is old. Personally I have no reason to get into hotmail, and I doubt I would be successful at any particular account. What pisses me off is when people assume that you can auto-magically get into any specified account without a combination of herculean effort or roundabout methods (such as stealing their password from THEM rather than hacking hotmail), or for that matter a one-time vulnerability...

What also pisses me off is that 9/10 newbies use this "I'm just spreading knowledge" and "information wants to be free." I'm choking on the triteness of these stereotype-inspired platitudes.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency