redhat help

Thread: redhat help

Question redhat help

Hi im a newbie and i just started using redhat 7.2 i wanted to know can i go on the internet with redhat using a Lucent Win Modem if so how ????

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hi there,

Going to Red Hat is always a good place to start. If that doesn't work, check out http://www.linmodems.org/ ... They usually are a better place to visit.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Computer Forensics
    for lucent modems... go here www.heby.de/ltmodem

its a link from linmodems and has all the downloads on the site for it
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Thenx MsMittens ILL Try that

Hi,
    freshmeat.org and linmodems.org are some sites but ive tried winmodems on redhat and it never worked for me, it is better to cut the pain and just buy a external modem

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    i am under the impression that redhat linux 7.2 does support winmodems as does mandrake8.2....but do as they say check out linmodems.org
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Banned
    I've got a tutorial on the site for Lucent modems and Linux (happens to be that my tut is made using redhat 7.2 )

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229021

emrys were can u i d/l mandrake 8.2

Banned
    go to http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3 adn register yourself as a user, then you'll get ftp access to their server to download mandrake 8.2...

or...

Use Kazaa and search for it there...

or...

look for it on irc... (don't ask me how however, never downloaded somethign off of irc...)

or...

use google.com and find another server that might have it....

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m.../Mandrake/iso/

that is the direct ftp site to the .iso files that u should d/l and burn to a cd ....hope that helps
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"