Thread: Balance is Key

Balance is Key

Frankly...the 'Balance is Key' thing is ridiculous, but so be it...

The problem is, after the home page informed me that, "If you've only been assigning positive AntiPoints, it's time that you start letting the trouble makers know that their behavior won't be tolerated! If you've only been assigning negative AntiPoints, it's time that you thank other members of the community for their helpful thoughts and insights!", my ability to both: 1)quote other posts, and 2)post replies, have been, somehow, disabled.

Just letting you know.

Ouroboros

In my opinion, though, this whole AntiPoints thing is becoming a bit fascist.

"If you ignore this message, and continue to be unbalanced in the way you assign AntiPoints, the system will reduce the impact that your assignments have on people." --this is the last sentence in the homepage requiem quoted before.

Either way, no matter positive or negative points given...I would seem to be stuck in an infinite function of a hyperbola.

http://www.efunda.com/math/hyperboli...m?name=arccsch
    http://www.pantaneto.co.uk/issue5/arsham.htm

(just to be a wise-ass and illustrate my point.)

Do as you will, Admin, but I'll distribute "points" as I see fit.

But it is YOUR site, after all, isn't it?

Think.

O
    http://www.dragon.org/chris/ouroboros.html
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Re: Balance is Key

Originally posted here by Ouroboros
    Frankly...the 'Balance is Key' thing is ridiculous, but so be it...

my ability to both: 1)quote other posts, and 2)post replies, have been, somehow, disabled.

Just letting you know.

Ouroboros

In my opinion, though, this whole AntiPoints thing is becoming a bit fascist.

O
    I agree with you on the antipoint thing. I WILL NOT be dictated to on how I have to give them out. It's like telling me how to think. No "Balance is key" rubbish on the home page is going to make me change the way I issue antipoints....

As for the missing buttons, check out this thread....

Thank you for the reply, CK, I did read the solution to the post, and it was a scripting error in Java...all fixed now.
    The ultimate issue is still unresolved though...once i got pissed off, the buttons became secondary to the issue that became primary after thought about it.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Banned
    Greetings All:

Since this bug question has been answered, and this thread is going off topic, I'm going to close it.

You can discuss the new AntiPoint features in the thread currently open about the topic.

thanks!