Thread: FireWall Trouble

FireWall Trouble

I use the Firewall Black Ice Defender. So far it has been a great service to use but recently it has been going red on me. It keeps telling me that my computer is having a BootP File Overflow. Next to that is where the IP of the "supposed hacker" should be it reads 0.0.0.0
    I dont know why and it is annoying me that I dont know if I really am being hacked please help.

Also anyone know how to check your points I dont understand the point system here.

BootP (Dhcp) I believe uses ports 67 and 68 try closing those with Black Ice, I've never used Black Ice, so I'm not sure how to do it... sorry. Hope it helps though

Greg

Ummm... last I knew, bootp was an ether broadcast (since there's no IP, it doesn't exactly have a way to route IP back to the requesting device). Though there are subtle differences between straight bootp and dhcp.

Grab a copy of etherreal or something, though, and try sniffing your network. If you're on a cable modem, you'll probably be seeing a crapload of these sorts of requests, though... particularly if you're using a dynamic address (which almost all cable modems that I've seen, are).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Hi, Don't know about you firewall question. Here's some information about the point system:
    http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=4
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)