Thread: Buffer Overflow Guide ( Not Mine )

Banned

Buffer Overflow Guide ( Not Mine )

This is a little guide to understanding buffer overflows. Again, not mine but can definitely help. (I hope) I forgot the source but enjoy!

\"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Banned
    Thanks.. I needed the source and shoulda looked deeper. I got a shitload of tutorials that a friend gave me but he didn't make them so I don't know the source.

TechieChick
    Jroc, this is basically the whole point. A little bit of research got you the source so you could properly credit them.

*cough* Even though the tut section is designed for original work. *cough*

(Oh yeah... BTW, mudge is nearly legend status in the Windows security world... AKA l0pht... so finding it shouldn't have been that difficult)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

So why do you post them? What is the point? We can all find them ourselves. Why don't you write your own? Why don't you read the one you just posted, learn more about the subject, then write your own tutorial. This would help you better understand the subject and would help us by reading something more original.

TechieChick
    Holy crap....out of morbid curiosity, I downloaded this tutorial that Jroc "forgot" the source on.

Do you not read this stuff yourself?? The author has his name and email at the very top!

This is really rough, and some of it is not needed. I wrote this as a
    reminder note to myself as I really didn't want to look at any more AT&T
    assembly again for a while and was afraid I would forget what I had done.
    If you are an old assembly guru then you might scoff at some of this... oh
    well, it works and that's a hack in itself.

-by mudge@l0pht.com 10/20/95
    Unbelievable...

/me notices alot of good points by everyone but Jroc .....

jroc ur slipping man, if u wanna keep above the reds start shapeing up ! ! ! ! !
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Banned
    Greetings:

This thread has gone to hell.

thread closed.