trouble with a possible virus

Thread: trouble with a possible virus

trouble with a possible virus

greetings all, i don't know how this happened, but i have a lot of self extracting exe's, but recently they are all either corrupt or they illegal operation, does anyone know the cause of this? thanks for the help

Can we have some more information? What are the files, and where did you get them?

Klez can cause that to happen...but so can a lot of other viruses. More information is really needed here.
    Thank you.

Sounds very much like a virus. A good anti-virus program can be found at

It does the traditional Signature Scan to find viruses but also uses Checksum and Heuristic scan to find new and hard to identify viruses. Hope that helps.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    457 might be a virus or that ur self extracting exe's didnt get downloaded correctly....or maybe the server u are d/ling form doesnt have the full the others have said more info would be useful
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"