View Poll Results: How do you rate Netscape against Internet Explorer ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

1 25.00%
  • Good

0 0%
  • Average

3 75.00%
  • Bad

0 0%

Thread: Windows XP SP1...

Windows XP SP1...

How long will it take before someone cracks the Service Pack 1/FCKGW-XXXXX key issue?

one week topd... no... 3 days. 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Sleep is for the weak, and the de-caffeinated.
    -WiteWoLF
    Visit me. here

Banned
    believe it or not it took me 13 hours and 47 minutes non stop

Ummm... there's already simple work arounds for it... You don't need to crack it....

/me ponders the intelligence of some people.......
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

hahah
    Matty do you mean buy the producT? Buy a Microsoft product? A product that is guranteed to crash at least once a day? A product that is packed full of **** you don't need?

Okay just making sure.
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

morfius,

I was refering to the Windows XP SP1 blocking the leaked keys from upgrading....

On a side note, I must say that if you actually apply a cracked service pack, such as I believe this person is asking how long it would take to crack (ie, to remove the anti-piracy measures), then your pretty stupid...
    I mean, you couldn't tell what nasty code the person may have inserted into it, for instance, they may make the patch say that you've been patched when you haven't and email themselves the IP address of the victim so they have a vulnerable box to play with...

Just a thought...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

i think anyone with a good security sense would be avoiding windows xp any ways. the system has many flaws and even with the implementaion of microsoft's security patches (some of which were released the same day xp was) can still be very insecure. not to mention that most people complain of their system becoming unstable after the patches and hotfixes. microsoft's answer to this? only install the hotfixes and patches you really "need", so i suppose after you get hacked or exploited, you know which ones you need.
    if you are going to use windows, the most stable and secure still seems to be windows 2000 pro sp2.

It won't take long, besides let's ask ourselves, what Microsoft product has never been cracked? Even the Xbox didn't last too long.

Antionline Herpetologist
    It's already been done. There's already a way to change the Registration Key of your WinXP Corp. so that it SP1 doesn't go beserk.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com