Thread: Q308034- Nt 4.0 Sp7

Question Q308034- Nt 4.0 Sp7

After the Protected Storage service accesses a user's private key, an unencrypted copy of the key remains in the computer's memory. This copy of the private key remains stored in random access memory (RAM) even when the user logs off the computer and another user logs on.In a highly secure environment, this may be a security vulnerability.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q308034

Ok, so i found this while searching the hotfixes for Nt 4.0 SP7. According to a search on google.com, Protected storage service holds all passwords that are stored form IE, outlook, etc.
    Problem 2: You can't get the patch unless you call microsoft. You can download it from their ftp, but they have encrypted it.

Anyone have have any insights or comments?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Just to be nitpicky and a pain the ass, there is no SP7 for NT. Last Service Pack was 6a.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Computer Forensics
    NT sp7 = win2k SP2(not really...but thats pretty much what you get) NT is dead and is no longer being developed...they will patch it since they support it...but thats it
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Actually it is just the way MS refers to fixes. This fix should be called Pre-SP7. Even though SP7 will probably never be released.

M$ aren't releasing the planned sp7, but will continue to release patches / hotfixes for the foreseable future. You can take that to the bank.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.