Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virii Question

I believe what was said was that it could be impossible to trace a viri back, and yes those headers. Then again how about all the news on the Viri sites and media about Klez, those are impossible to find LOL NOT. Try keeping up on viri news or even current web events, read, read read and learn about all the new viri and their signatures (as in published reports) try to remember some of them so when your system (s) start to do funny things you have a direction to go in. One would have to be pretty out of touch not hear anything about Klez. So don;t go off on people here. First clue as to whom is lame is the lack of information from you and second is to say others here trying to help know nothing, third READ current news and viri site reports.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Thanks palemoon lol I wasnt going off on anyone lol i did what you said, started reading and more reading. What I asked was if there was a easy way of just tracing the email back to the source. That was going to be the easiest way of finding the infected friend. then basically the first post was me getting flamed lol "I hope you’re not planning some kind of lame vigilante thing". I can see that you have to baby your posts here on what you ask or your deemed a pain in the ass, like I was already from AO lol. So Ill find another forum because I asked a simple question on something I didnt know not intending to start a flame war which alot seemed to me, wanted to start right off the bat rather than explaining how to trace back a simple email so I could maybe help my friend (which I had an idea it was a friend infected with the worm emailed to me).

I'm not down on anyone here and I'm not on you. Some of my advice was to read, I spend at least two hours per day just reading about what is out here and new and how to filter for this and that mamy times I could spend that time in others ways but Reading is the only way to keep up. The other is I'd go to google install their tool bar because it is impossible to keep all the info in your head and error codes I don't recall, or symptons on program errors a google search is the first stop.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Ferret> From everything you posted, it appeard that you thought someone intentionally sent you the virus and you wanted to find out who did it. If you read your old posts from a third person perspective, what would you say your intentions were?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Anyway, am not sure but it could be the “JDBJMGR.EXE” virii
    All u gat to do is this
    If u are using windows
    1-go to start, -search and place the jdbjmgr.exe for the ‘find and search program’, if any result then I guess u know what to do! DELETE with no 2nd thought
    Also it could be stored under C:/windows or C:windows 32
    And if u are using windows, then u should know where its stored.

Bellon “HUMAN KNOWLEGDE BELONGS TO THE WORLD”

sorry, dail-up failure,,,
    And if u are using LINUX, then u should know where its stored

Well considering Im a cop and 30 yrs old, and reading my posts from a third person perspective Id say I was trying to find the source of who sent the emails. Like I said if it was from someone I didnt know 9 times out of 10 they would stop once you find the source because they were not anonymous anymore and if it was a friend that didnt know he had a worm and was sending it too people on his email list then i could inform him. I wasnt on here saying I want to find the ***** and take down his system or any derogatory comments like that. I wasnt even saying like a real noob and "Could someone hack this guy" I explained what happened and when and I didnt want to spend days reading about how to trace an email back to a source if it was something easy like I thought it could be. I even commented back when the first post was "some lame vigilate thing" so obviously I wasnt out to cause damage or harm to anyone but just to find the source and go from there. So that is what I got from a third person perspective when rereading my posts. But it seems to me even thou Im a noob to the forum that everyone here is on a high alert to start a flame or mini flame war rather than explain things or help.

thanks bello, thing is nortons caught it on email download what I was trying to do was find the source because the email header wasnt where it originated from but "spoofed another email heading" term is prob incorrect but it didnt use the real header from origin what I was trying to find was where the email really came from, which a friend did for me and it was a friend of mine that had a worm slo.zo he downloaded nortons and removed it off his sys and now hes trying to find which email he got it from. but thanks bello for trying to help appr8t it much.

Originally posted here by bello
    Anyway, am not sure but it could be the “JDBJMGR.EXE” virii
    All u gat to do is this
    If u are using windows
    1-go to start, -search and place the jdbjmgr.exe for the ‘find and search program’, if any result then I guess u know what to do! DELETE with no 2nd thought
    Also it could be stored under C:/windows or C:windows 32
    And if u are using windows, then u should know where its stored.

Bellon “HUMAN KNOWLEGDE BELONGS TO THE WORLD”
    bello, do your homework before you post. This is a Hoax, DO NOT DELETE this file, it's is a Microsoft systems file (Java Debug Manager).

Information can be found HERE
    DjM

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Ok, first off, JDBJMGR.EXE is NOT a virus. This is a hoax. Do NOT delete this file. It is a system file rarely used by Window, but still a system file.

Ferret> I may have been a little rude in my first post, but I did answer your question. It was after you had already traced the message back to your friend, but it was the first time I looked at the thread. You said Leviatian had no idea what he was talking about. What he said was that you couldn't track down the person who originated the virus. He wasn't saying that you couldn't track down who sent you the virus. Also, you got very defensive with cwk9. He didn't flame you. He simply stated that he hoped you were not going to try something stupid if you found the source. If you look at the archives, 90% of all people asking how to trace email or ips or something are asking so they can get revenge.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman