Windows XP sounds?

Thread: Windows XP sounds?

Windows XP sounds?

Even thought I turned off sounds in the Control Panel, it still makes some sounds when I am running IE. Anyone know why/how to fix it?

Re: Windows XP sounds?

Originally posted here by 65_289
    Even thought I turned off sounds in the Control Panel, it still makes some sounds when I am running IE. Anyone know why/how to fix it?
    What kind of sounds?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

It's a .wav file. I don't know how to descibe it. My g/f is trying to go to sleep & she is bitching at me to stop typing, so I'll have to find it tomorrow.

The Iceman Cometh
    Is it at a certain web site? Many web sites have sounds associated with them (something which I find absolutely horrid). Also, do you have any other programs running in the background at the same time (such as Windows Messenger or Outlook Express)? They have sounds associated with them as well. Also, if you have upgraded to the new I.E., it is possible that the sounds were re-enabled in your Control Panel, so check to make sure that they are no longer enabled.

AJ

Option (A): Turn your speakers off when it's late and your girlfriend wants to sleep while your on the PC.

Option (B): If you are talking about the clicking sound that IE (and Windows Explorer) produce when you click or navigate around, then you can go to:

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Sounds tab >>

Where it has Windows Explorer there should be a sound option called Complete Navigation. Choose no sound for that option, if you haven't done that already.

NOTE: This is under WinXP - could be slightly different for other Windows OS's.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I think I have it figured out. I have Guard IE running, and every time it finds one of those 1x1 .gifs that people use for spyware, it plays the sound. Thanks for the help!