Growing Army of Trained Crackers!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing Army of Trained Crackers!!!

Thumbs down Growing Army of Trained Crackers!!!

Hacker gurus recruit unsuspecting youth. Sophisticated online "mentors" are helping unsuspecting young people cause serious damage to personal computers. Hacking gurus are taking advantage of curious young people, swaying them to try their hand at hacking and virus writing. Mentors are distributing virus-writing and hacking software on more than 30,000 Web sites. The most dangerous aspect is the potential for a mentor to use inexperienced Internet users to accomplish political or terrorist-minded goals; however, there is little evidence that shows young hackers are being utilized by terrorists or organized crime. Online software or tool-kits allow people to write malicious code almost as easily as creating a Microsoft Word document. Novice hackers are using the software to write new variants of viruses, such as Klez or Code Red, or hack into a computer network without realizing how much damage their actions may cause. Hacking and virus writing has been made popular in books and films such as The Matrix, Hackers and Swordfish. Many teens, looking to mimic what they see in popular culture, join underground hacking groups and quickly realize a mentor's toolkits are the easiest way to break into the world of hacking. Unsophisticated or novice hackers often lack a sense of responsibility, are unaware of the capabilities of the hacker tools they use, do not appreciate the implications of hacking, or are unconcerned about the consequences of their actions.

rediculis isnt it.

<joke> Great, huh? Just what we need to end the script kiddie/lamer reign. </joke>
    I think thats pathetic. Those mentors are doing no good to clear the bad hacker name.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

eh... i still dont know why "The Matrix" was included in the list... it has nothing to do with hacking or virus coding..

Originally posted here by s0nIc
    eh... i still dont know why "The Matrix" was included in the list... it has nothing to do with hacking or virus coding..
    Neo was a hacker.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

To summarize: The kiddiots are multiplying again. (Looking around the forum, you can see the evidence)
    You have possibly hundreds of thousands of people with "weapons" the don't understand, couldn't build, but are completely prepared to use.
    Edit: I should mention this is a quote from somewhere, although I can't remember where exactly
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Banned
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste, yet youths allow to be ponds in a kings game...
    Knowledge is power, and power comes with great responsibility...
    Wielding this power with no thought to reprocutions shows lack of intelligence...

These youths want to be treated like responsible/intelligent adults...
    Yet, when they say they know everything, they just confessed against their truth...
    That they are, but responsible persons...

hmm i'd still like to blame this on the media.. TV and Movies.. making people think that "hackers" are "cool god-like" people who are virtaully "untouchable" and "cant be stoped" and "they can do whatever they want" ...

seriously.. the only movie i liked was "Anti-Trust" coz 1) it doesnt show a "god-like" hacker.. 2) it is a parody of a true story (if u havent got it.. it was aimed on MS).. 3)they dont use fictional "hacker skills/technique" 4) it does give programmers and computer "geeks" a true but good image and not the stereotype image.

others are just wayyy out there..

out of curiosity, where did you get this from? link to the source?
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

eh i cant link the source.. it came from one of my reliable informants through e-mail. they didnt give me a link to where they got it.