Thread: i need help on ip address

i need help on ip address

hello all, my problem is this, i have been using a computer for about 7 months now and in the seven months ive been showed my ip address 3 times by 2 differnant people, my question is how can i get theres .... im not a hacker , and im not a evil person to use this in a way to destroy peoples computers but just to make them think that im not a easy picking.... if anyone can help i would be very greatfull.....ty
    what a day.

eehh geez.. i would suggest u do a research about "netstat" and some TCP/IP

www.google.com and www.firewall.cx helps..

oh and using the AntiOnline archives also helps.. AO has a HUGE archive where u can find almost anything in it.

heh, not really a problem m8, there are tons of progs on the internet who allows you to see other peoples IP adresses, the easyest way is through IRC, then you`ll know something about them, like their nick name =]
    just go a search @ www.google.com on "ip sniffers" or "IP finders" or something like that, and you`ll find some progs that will help you=)
    there is also some sort of ip finder in irc, i cannot remember what it was atm, but, heh, experiment with different things =)
    also, if you type "ping [computername] on a LAN (local area network) in the DOS command line, you will find their IP easily.
    hope this helps, ReZpawner

IRC uses the /dns <nick> command.. but this only works on IRC networks that dont use Virtual World.. some people use vw crackers to bypass the vw mask.. and gain the ip address of the target..

Click on <Start> then <Run> then on the command line type "cmd" without the quotes and hit enter. Then when the window comes up type "netstat -an 10" without the quotes. This will show you open ports and remote/local conections and refresh them every 10 seconds. Just look for a foreign address. Then as s0nIc suggested do a little research to tell you what the numbers/addresses and ports mean. Look in the AO tutorials forum. There are a lot of networking and TCP/IP tuts available.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

a large number of kids and sites like to scare people telling that they have your ip and that they can hack your computer and so, but they rarely could do anything unless you're infected with a trojan. in your case if you don't already have i should get a firewall. To find the ip you can go to DOS and tipe - netstat -a - or you can use some program like TCPSpy.

hope this help
    -Mamma... Mamma... I want to let school !!! - kid
    -Why my dear? - Mom
    -Because i heard in television that some guy was killed because he knew to much!!!-Kid

Start > Run > winipcfg