Natural Keyboard - SafeType
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural Keyboard - SafeType

Question Natural Keyboard - SafeType

Think that you've seen the natural keyboard? The one split down the side right? Hehe...well, let's just say someone has come up with another idea. Here it is:

http://www.safetype.com/

Don't think I need to say more...you decide - is it more natural?

I'd have to try it to say for sure, but I just don't see myself typing keys and pressing them on the side, horizontally, rather then down...I dunno, maybe that's just me. You never know though, once you try it, could be the greatest keyboard ever.

Cheers,
    Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

that just looks daft but if they say its good for the back than it probably is, but than again I have'nt suffered any stress/pains from sitting at this desk yet but than again I've time on my side...
    If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -

Albert Einstein

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    This isn't the first time I have seen this. Actually, I tried one back in the mid 90's. Guess what, they are a total pain in the ass. If you learned on it, it might not be bad, but going from a standard keyboard to a natural keyboard is hard enough. Trying to learn that thing means you have to forget everything you know....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Looks c00l to me.
    Sometimes I wish I could have a keyboaard to use in bed
    (no pun intended )
    Cojunudo

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Cojonudo> Thats what laptops are for. Either that or a wireless keyboard. I log on to IRC a lot while I am in bed....actually, thats about the only time I log on any more....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

can someone post a picture of it cause i cannot acces it it keeps giving me this error
    Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.22 Server at www.safetype.com Port 80
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    Same here casper3699, been trying to see it for the last hour and can't get anything.

Here's a link that displays the SafeType keyboard, along with a lot of other weird ones.
    http://www.keyalt.com/kkeybrdp.htm

I wouldn't mind trying out the Kinesis. Right now I use a "MS Natural" type keyboard. I have used it for the past 4-5 years (if not longer). Before MS came out with their version. And I love it. I find I can type a lot quicker, than with the standard keyboards. I don't care to have my hands all 'squished' together, while trying to type.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

thanks for the link gstudios
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I like my clunky 13 year old IBM keyboard.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.