IIS Buffer Over Flow

Thread: IIS Buffer Over Flow

IIS Buffer Over Flow

Ok just released today a hole that could be as serious as CodeRed etc. Info about and link to patch how many does that make this year?
    http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Ad...D20010618.html
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Hmm the article seems a bit old.. Did you add wrong url ??

Ok just released today a hole that could be as serious as CodeRed etc. Info about and link to patch how many does that make this year?
    http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Ad...D20010618.html
    Cut and paste From the link you provided.

All versions of Microsoft Internet Information Services Remote buffer overflow (SYSTEM Level Access)

Release Date:
    June 18, 2001

Severity:
    High (Remote SYSTEM level code execution)

Systems Affected:
    Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Internet Information Services 4.0
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Internet Information Services 5.0
    Microsoft Windows XP beta Internet Information Services 6.0 beta

Description:
    There exists a remote buffer overflow vulnerability in all versions of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) web server software.

Another Ida exploit. If you've not removed the ida isapi you deverve pretty much everything you get. See this tutorial for more information in which I cover removing ida isapi:
    Securing an installation of IIS 4. (No, seriously)

Good find Palemoon - but <confusion>released today?</confusion> The Article is dated June 18, _2001_
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

My error on the link people, goes to show you anyone can have a Ueeee and one should not get on-line when ill. 5 Holes this week alone from MS, trustworthing computing...Me thinks Not sorry again for the error.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Are you going to post the correct link then?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Lets give it another sorry moving real s-l-o-w http://bvlive01.iss.net/issEn/delive...sp?id=advise95 should have a few bits of info on the some 30 flaws in M$ products to date. Funny how M$ places on their own site most of them as minor while most other sites rate them much more serious.

that one is posted from sept 2001.... ????
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Originally posted here by avenger_jcc
    that one is posted from sept 2001.... ????
    There are three threads in this forum with the information about the new security notifications MS sent out today. The IIS exploit is 02-028. I wonder what it is that is making palemoon so ill that he doesn't know what the date is.

Banned
    /me sighs...........*m$, m$, m$, when will you learn, look at the security just as must as the smiley interface*

%example%: Windows XP, nice little purdy Fisher-Price interface (which I had to skin to a black setup just to be able to bear looking at it), and so many spyware/security holes it gives you a headache.........

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    bleah
    from bugtraq

More info on the microsoft critical alert:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...n/MS02-027.asp
    More info on the breakage: http://www.pivx.com/workaround_fail.html

This is a different problem. They released a fix and it broke more then if fixed. Sorry, didn't have time to start a new thread. I got to go to the dentist....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman