Thread: Proxy settings at work?!

Banned

Proxy settings at work?!

I dont have much of a home life and spend most of my time at work. at home the internet works fine and i can get into all my fav sites, how ever at work the system admin has done something and every time i try to do something like hotmail or antionline it come up with proxy setting error. is there any way i can get around this without him knowing.

I am not trying to hack. i just want to find away to do it.

unless hes a dimbulb, he'll find out. you might lose your job. if thats what you want go for it.
    you'll have to give more info on your network.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    how much info. i know that its just like an office building with lots of computers and there all networked. the sys admin is a friend and would turn a blind eye for me if i wanted. he just wont change the who system

Originally posted here by Ascii555
    how much info. i know that its just like an office building with lots of computers and there all networked. the sys admin is a friend and would turn a blind eye for me if i wanted. he just wont change the who system
    Busted. If he is your friend, why are you asking us how to do this without his knowledge? If he is your "buddy", then ask him.

<sarcasm>I'm sure he won't mind.</sarcasm>
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

well, you might be able to use a public proxy for reaching sites that are blocked by the FW, it just depends on what type of FW, that is, if it blocks by site name or content.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    For sarcasm he is my friend, he wont change the proxy settings just for me > there are higher powers than the sys admin apocalypse

well he set the proxy settings himself.. surely he knows how to get around it.. and wouldnt mind teaching u how

Banned
    true i should ask him. the thing is if he says no, then how do i explain why and what if he takes a nasty turn because of it. My grandfather always used to say "its not what you know, its who you know"

lol, very true