I love garage sales.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love garage sales.

I love garage sales.

Our city's school district just had a garage sale yesterday.
    I got 9 workstation computers, 2 server towers, 22 keyboards, 5 deskjet color printers and a bunch of network stuff and prower and misc. cables.
    The best part about all of this is it only cost me $5.30.

They are going to have another one in August and I am going back for more.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    doh!!!....valueable things those are....let me guess those pc's had a real modem and none of this winmodem $hit bah...i need my school to have one of tose i would create a large *nix network
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

thats what i am going to do. Right now i am figuring out what is in each one. They all has 10Base T nics, one has 10/100. Servers both are running full SCSI. A few workstations have CDroms. All have memory except for the servers.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    eeeeewwwwww scsi i hate scsi but it is really fast ...good luck *wants a chance to do that*
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

update. Now I have 20 computers, 15 monitors, 22 keyboards, misc cables and 5 working Deskjet color printers.

lol, that is quite a collection, the spare parts alone are worth the $5.30. I went to a government auction and bought a dual Pentium 133 tower for like 5 bucks. Not as good a deal as you got, but still cool.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Banned
    Awesome. Do you run your own webserver on any of them because with that many, you can run a whole network of services. **Hint Hint** Good way to make money! **Hint Hint**

I plan on building a webserver and and linux network once I figure out what all works and what doesnt. So far 12 computers I have tested work.

I plan on maybe building about 10 of them to sell and the rest for my network.

Awesome Casper! We should start a thread where everyone posts their good deals like this. It's fun to hear what everyone has gotten for so cheap. Hopefully we'll all get a turn atsuch good fortune.

Couple of my threads that are fairly similar to this one, but not quite as good of a deal:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=223997

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=223996 (same thing but different forum with different discussion and all)

Just thought you might want to see this since Valor said he'd be interested in seeing what everyone has gotten for cheap.