Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 yo hacks into missile secrets

17 yo hacks into missile secrets

Boy of 17 hacks into missile secrets

by Standard Foreign News Desk
    The Pentagon has had its second major intelligence embarrassment in a week after a teenager in Austria hacked into secret plans, including the location of US nuclear missiles.

The exploits of Markus Hirsch, 17, come only days after British surveillance enthusiast John Locker was able to hack into US spy satellite pictures.

Now an FBI team is on its way to Vienna to question Markus. Their big fear is that Osama bin Laden followers may have enjoyed similar access for months.

American protection of its secrets has never been higher since 11 September, with even the most conservative estimates saying at least £7billion has gone into bolstering security.

But from the computer in his bedroom, Markus was able to get into the most classified Pentagon sites, including the one which details the silos where missiles with multi-megaton warheads are kept.

"Cracking into the Pentagon was child's play," said the teenager. "I know my way round the internet."

Markus, who lived with his mother in Germany for a while when his parents split up, eventually moved into a small flat in Vienna where he now lives alone.

He added: "I don't know anyone here, apart from my granny, so I surf all night on the internet."

Source

My View:
    If it was so easy and **** why did he get caught? : P
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Unbelievable, I don't even see why they would keep computers with that kind of information on them on the same network with a internet connection. Thats just plain stupid, that stuff should be physically isolated. If it was isolated it SHOULD be impossible to get into.

This is really old news, it whas all over the european CNN, the minute he got into the system the phone rang, the feds called him right away and 5 minutes later the Polizei whas at the front door.

Oh and he didn't hack anything, he could just get all the info he wanted, a person capable of using the internet and search engines could have done the same.

The article seems to glorify things, just seems like they're looking for an interesting story and they got it.

"The exploits of Markus Hirsch, 17, come only days after British surveillance enthusiast John Locker was able to hack into US spy satellite pictures."

just to clarify john locker didn't "hack" anything basicly he just pointed he satilite in a dierction and recived the signal.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Do I smell a a script kiddie. Even though you wouldn't have to use anything to intercept those signals. If he knew his was around the internet I am sure he just found a site telling him how to do that.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]

hehe 60 yr old script kiddie
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

man i wish i had that skill not 2 hack pentagon $hit but just having the knowledge is eough for me
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

Originally posted here by lench
    man i wish i had that skill not 2 hack pentagon $hit but just having the knowledge is eough for me
    He was probaly a script kiddie, and since he said he knew his way around the net he could find the irght programs.
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]