Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trillain ICQ IP Address Display

Exclamation Trillain ICQ IP Address Display

Ok.. i know some of u probably know this.. but with the latest trillian version (i think this also applies to the old one), I just found out that you can view someone's IP address just by checking someone's information. and this has to be on an ICQ user... the ICQ details includes a IP Address field.. so yeah.. i just think this could be a security risk.. so i posted this here.. so all you people using ICQ.. becareful.. coz the people who are using Trillian.. knows your IP Address...

Yes.. you can see the IP address's of people on your contact list with Trillian.....
    I saw yours only 5 minutes ago s0nIc.... and I'm using trillian 0.725..

And you don't even have to open up their profile.. just hover over their nick, and a tool tip will display with information on them.....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    damn....tht just shows ya how important firewalls are ...or even NAT which is great
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

its ok Matty, i can see urs too.. and whats bad is ur on cable, ur address is static..! hehehe
    im on 56K.. my address is dynamic.. lol

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    muahaha the 56k monopoly ...muahahah
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

I thought that if u had the ICQ # that u could find there IP anyway, I have seen programs out there that found this out for ya.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

It's not only a trillian problem. It's a problem with the ICQ system in general. During the first years of ICQ, you were able to view ip easily in the interface.

Now you have to use netstat or trillian but the security failure is in fact in AOL wallet which don't want to lost money with a new server system.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I installed an add-on to my ICQ and I can view anyones ip as long as they are online.

Originally posted here by s0nIc
    its ok Matty, i can see urs too.. and whats bad is ur on cable, ur address is static..! hehehe
    im on 56K.. my address is dynamic.. lol
    Mine is static yes... but its still assigned through DHCP, so I can still get a new IP address whenever I want too... so what's bad is that I can flood you with your almighty 56k, and then get another IP Address, just like you...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

what a trillian! no security on ICQ, i think we should better be careful cos this is a security risk.