After finishing The Hacker Diaries : Confessions of Teenage Hackers I found my time better spent playing a marathon Bingo tournament at an elderly person's home, or doing something worthwhile. This book sucks.

Some may ask "Why the anger?" For a $25 book that glorifies script kiddies, you'd be angry too. We start the book with:

To many who knew him, there was nothing odd about him. He was a normal kid.

Oh, creepy. As the 1st chapter progresses, we learn about this "hackers" journey into the underworld (yes, the Underworld. So I guess I'm posting in Hell ). Every chapter is the typical "I found inspiration when I turned on the computer. I read a lot. I downloaded lots of programs. I ran the programs, and ran to Jail." While its slightly entertaining to read about the "super hackers" among us, its downright depressing to make a book about it.

Almost every teenager in Hacker Diaries does not make his own programs. The book doesn't even prove that they knew anything about computers. The book does prove that anyone can be a script kiddie, and that anyone can download programs. Whoop-dee-doo, how about that! And when the kids get busted, they are all like "Oh gosh, did I do that? Gee I'm sorry." Great way to end a story.

Mind you, there are still a few redeeming characters in the book. 3, to be exact (a White Hat, and two people who have gone over to the Feds). At least it looked like those guys knew what they were doing.

So while you're at the bookstore, just hop around the book and read the chapters you like. Your time and money is better spent elsewhere.