Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My retarded sister

I got to say, you may want to let her ruin it once. Just hear me out, trust me, when she experiences the horror of data loss, and the dread of not being able to start up her OS, she will become much better at this kind of thing, as well asmore cautious. Ahhh, I still remember when I crashed my first comp, what memories. But seriously, just backup everything, let her ruin it, and then come in and explain all about it. Tell her what to look for and give her a good anti-virus, preferrably Norton, because they catch more new viruses, and have proggies up on their site for viruses as well.

Originally posted here by jehnx
    Matty: That's really good of you to do that for her. Hopefully she'll keep herself clean now. But I'm just wondering why you don't have any AV software on it? I think you should still have it on there just to be safe, because there are still some cases where she could get one and not know it, even if she does everything like you tell her she should. Just what I think; trying to stop the flow of viruses in the world, hehe.
    I don't put Antivirus software on it because I don't have any for it.. And I'm too lazy to keep it updated on that as well as my other computers... either way, my mother has decided she doesn't want a laptop anymore, so I just scored me a laptop!!!! /me does a dance

Or, did Matty say Drink beer? I forget...
    Yup, I said drink beer... which co-incidently is what I'm doing right now....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

S0nicSnake wrote:
    "We have norton anti-virus."

What version on NAV do you have ?
    Are the updates current?
    Is the AutoProtect fearure enabled?

If you want, I could probably give you norton antivirus. And trust me, doing an update is not a hassle, it is an amazing life saver. On my comp, (which sucks) it has never taken me more than 1.5 mins to finish live update, and all I do is click a button and walk away, go eat or something. Trust me NORTON RULZ. It really does.

You move or delete some of her files and then say that a virus did it...she'd smarten up really fast. In fact, when my old and new IDE drives started conflicting, I told her it was probably a virus, and now she's a lot more careful about what she opens.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

Unplug the HDD for a few days and tell her it must be a virus. Act like you spend a couple of hours working on it and then send her a bill.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

download one of those fake viruses and blame it on her for d/l'ing crap. then teach her how to avoid viruses and trojans. you can also tell her a bedtime story about the brave AV and the evil Klez that took over the kingdom of NSync.

# negative_zero