Vhosts

Thread: Vhosts

Banned

Question Vhosts

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but vhosts are those things like "i.shot.the.sherrif" that usually come with shells and eggdrops. Now I have been running winbnc and a psybnc and I came to the realization that I can't make my own vhost. Now I just wanted to ask, if and when I get a linux distro, (prolly redhat or mandrake) in about a month, will I be able to make my own vhosts? I have seen online shells that do that and I wanted to make my own. Something along the lines of "komal.rules.and.ownz.yo.ass". And if so how can I make it?

Vhost stands for Virtual Hosts. It is not only the "i.shot.the.sherrif" and all those funny hosts that you see on IRC alot, it's also used in webhosting and other services. My domain is a virtual host. www.mydomain.com, notice how they all resolve to their own individual IP. Yes you can make your own vhosts provided that you register the domain first, in this case "yo.ass". However, .ass is not a valid sufix. (IE. .com, .org, .edu, .ca, .biz, etc). Think of those type of vhosts as domain names, with a long subdomain ;P
    Viper

Banned
    K, now I got a free domain from namedemo when they were still giving them out, I use angelfire to redirect the page to my ip addy, or if I am not online I reset it to point to my angelfire page, there is no way I can make my namedemo into a virtual domain right?

Banned
    Sorry, I mean a virtual host.

I doubt that. not with namedemo anyway.
    Viper