Shells
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shells

Banned

Wink Shells

Allright, I have long since given up trying to find free shells from the web, there are times you can find a good one from IRC but they usually expire or are limited. Same with shells found on the web, they are usually so limited. I called up my cable isp(formerly affiliated with @home) and asked for a shell account, but he did not know what it was, I explained it to him and he started babblin about frontpage stff and ftps. I was wondering if anyone here could hook me up with one. PLEASE! CHARITY REQUIRED !

cyberspace.org gives 'em out for free. As does nether.net and a couple more.

Banned
    i know that cox offers shell accounts, one of my pals is in charge of finances for all of central cox, and hooked me up with $1/mo. first-rate cable shell account..... if they're in yur area, try them

Banned
    2 things. 1. jehnx, i just said no shells you can find on the web are decent. And grex is the ABSOLUTE WORST SHELL PROVIDER EVER. Sure they are ok as a community but nothing else. The shells they hand out are so incredibly limited that they more or less make sure the most you can really do is chat, and even that is slow. 2. cyb3rn3tik I really wish I was you. I live in canada, cox is american.

Good shells are hard to come buy, especially if you want anything to do with IRC. here's some good ones.

freeshells.com (search)
    shellyeah.org (no bots, yes IRC)
    nether.net (no bots, ?? IRC )
    cyberspace.org (no bots, Yes IRC)
    * those are good free shells

-- for good paying:
    risingnet.net
    unixshells.com
    snagged.com
    jeah.org
    paradoxi.net
    unixrules.net
    Viper

doesent cyberarmy premote free shells 2 correct me if im wrong
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

sdf.lonestar.org is out there too, altough they charge if you want to use more advanced services

yeah.. lonestar is still an oldie but goodie.
    Viper

Banned
    OK, um where can I find cyber army?

Shelling, it all depends on what you want from a shell. If you're doing it for the whole linux/unix experience, try to make some friends(network a bit), and you'll get hooked up with an account on their box if you're nice. If you want it for eggdrops, BitchX, IRCing, what have you, I'd recommend shelling out a few dollars and getting a shell.

Why? They're much more stable, they're faster, they're usually a bit more secure, and it's less hassle.

You can spend 20 hours looking for a freeshell, or spend 1 hour a month, to get the money needed to purchase a shell.

---Aku. Soku. Zan.