ctrl alt del

Thread: ctrl alt del

Question ctrl alt del

I have been searching around google for a way to disable ctrl alt del but was only able to find ouw to do it in Qbasic and Visual basic. I want to do it in perl. Does anyone know of a way of disableing the CTRL ALT DEL key combination with perl?

Econolite Canada Inc.

What once was science fiction, now is reality. Imagination is the limit.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

Which OS are you using?

If it's NT, Win2000, or XP. You can disable it with the administrators tools. Also you can get a console snapin to do the same. Then you can set it so that your users can't ctl, alt, del, or shut down. You can set any number of polices such as password leangth, complexity or even force users to change password. In Win9X you can do it with poledit to effect it if it logs into an NT or W2000 domain/server ,but it's easy to circumvent in W9X.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Banned
    I know of some networking proggies that disable the feature altogether, my school uses them, but I do not know how to do it specifically in perl. But in case you are interested in those proggies, just goto a decent search engine, and look up stuff like wan, network safety, or user friendly. Also things that schools may use, like foolproof.

My suggestion is to emulate the VB/C version: set the screensaver flags to ON, so that the computer thinks the screensaver is on when it actually isn't, hence locking CTL+ALT+DEL, ALT+TAB and WIN(or ALT+ESC)
    WE ARE the anti cancer...
    WE ARE the only answer...
    email

10X for the help guys, I will keep looking around, I could use a sys Admin tool like {PP}Apocalypse was saying, but it is only for the duration of the program, that the key combo is to be disabled. When I started programing, I started with qbasic, there was a way I could listen for difernt key combinations then call an event handler to handle it, I had set it up once in Qbasic so if the user held down ctrl c or ctrl break it would give them a nice message instead of breaking opt of the program. But for ctrl alt del it was dificult because BIOS would see ctrl alt del before my program even had a chance, but I remember finding some example code, never got it to work though. So now I want to do it in perl and it seems like such a dificult task, maybe I will have to do it in C or something. But knowing that there are programs out there that can disable it, makes me itching to learn how. the reason I want to do this is because I want to play a joke on my mom, I want a program to run in full screen mode and disable all the interupts so my mom can't end it. Just for laughs and gigles. Oh well, I guess I will have to keep looking.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

Banned
    Here is a link I hope helps.
    http://www.delphifaq.com/fq/q2023.shtml