Its all about perception(?)

Thread: Its all about perception(?)

Flash M0nkey

Its all about perception(?)

One thing I have come to notice in my time at AO is that I tend to form a mental picture of certain posters. The same way that whilst reading a novel you form an image in your head of the characters. How they act, what they look like etc.

AO is something like that. From they way people post or what they say I have started to form my own mental images of them. Has anyone else found themselves trying to put faces to other members? Or do you just see them as text on a screen?

What I propose for those of you who find themselves forming images like me - a test to see how right you are! I'll post in a hidden msg a short description of myself in rl - I may even try and dig up a photo and then others can post what their preception is of me and check it against the hidden post

All I ask is that you post before reading my description - come on now no cheating! And that some of the other posters add their own hidden descriptions so that others can provide their perceptions of you as well.

Could prove intresting to find out exactly what kinda image you portray from your posts....

Right so lets see how people percieve me >_<;

v_Ln

Flash M0nkey

Smile my description

Ok lets see my description >_<;
    well physical first -
    height: 5'10''
    weight: about 11 & half stone (about 160 lbs I think?)
    build: average

ok now the other stuff -
    education: finished school with 9 GCSE and 3 A-levels am now at Uni
    religous beliefs: none

As for what I'm truely like well thats kinda up to how I am percieved.
    heh but personnaly I would say that I'm laid back - don't get stressed easily
    Am a very sociable person - i need to be with other people - although sometimes i need my own space (peace and quiet)
    Hmmmmmm this is alot harder to write than I thought it would be oO

right I been sitting scratching my head for a while now so will leave it there

hehe just hoping I get some good replies as am looking forward to seeing how close peoples perceptions of me are to my own description!

v_Ln

btw : am looking for a pic to scan atm - will post one soon
    pic uploaded - very bad formal pic

Well, for some reason I keep connecting you to Van Halen, so I attribute who you are to the band members. Sorry, I don't know you very well. Anywhere near???

Flash M0nkey
    heh height of my musical talent......putting a cd in player and hittin' play

v_Ln

Well, you're from Ireland, so you're probably dashingly handsome...

Hmm, actually I was somewhat close with my guess...although for some reason, since I hadn't looked at the location bit, I thought you were from finland. I guess it was the penguin that tricked me...
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Hi,
    Actually I have often tried to imagine what people on the site looked like.
    Some people have pictures, but many don't. It's funny when you really see what someone looks like. Often your expectations are wrong. One of these days I'm going to post a picture of myself. I'll have to get someone to scan it on a disc for me though.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)