Smart firewalls??

Thread: Smart firewalls??

Banned

Question Smart firewalls??

I know that firewalls is very good like stopping portscanning and trojans and things, but firewalls isn't stopping normal web-site exploits like this exploit: http://www.securitytracker.com/alert...r/1003874.html

So is there some "smart" firewalls which can stop the real job?

str34m3r
    Well, it would certainly be possible to stop this sort of thing with a proxy firewall that does some sort of content checking, though I can't name any that do it off the top of my head. I do know that it's possible though.

I read that article, and more important than having a smart firewall is having a smart administator for each webserver. By definition, a good administrator would remove all the default cgi scripts (what moron decided to put functional cgi scripts in the default install ???) , then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Banned

Unhappy

Yeah, yeah, a smart admin is the best. Everyone can have an own webserver but not everyone is a good administrator! It's much better for all server admins (but not for hackers...) if every firewall are a smart firewall. Many people have a firewall and is thinking that they are completely safe!