Linux Boot loader

Thread: Linux Boot loader

Linux Boot loader

Hello
    I need to remove Linux from my old hard disk(I have brought a brand new one for it) and turn it back into a windows one for the old pc which i am going to sell on, I will need to install windows on it instead(yes i know a bad thing, but my friend wants windows) How would I go about uninstalling it and removing the boot loader?

Many thanks

Boot with a Win98 boot disk and run this fdisk \mbr This removes the lilo from your master boot record :-)

windows fdisk will not be able to remove the linux partitions. go to aefdisk.com and downlowd aefdik, put the exe on the win98 boot disk, boot it and enter aefdisk/delall
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

if you have dual partitions, and already have it sold, lie about the harddisk space, just reinstall windows 98, and leave the other partition (nothing wrong with being lazy). But yeah, you'd have to at least use the linux fdisk to delete it's partition and turn it into freespace, before using windows.

Thanks for your help folks, I will fdisk the hard disk later on today.