Negative AntiPoints
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negative AntiPoints

Negative AntiPoints

I believe that every thread a user starts or responds to should get a maximum negative or positive antipoints. Thus, this would eliminate the current problem of people getting to many positive and negative antipoints for a thread. Just to think of number from the top of my head, I would say -50 to +200 AP's per thread a user starts or responds to. However these numbers aren't set in stone and this is only a suggestion.
    Share on Google+

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I definetly agree. I've seen to many times that if a newbie gets 1 neg hit, there are dumploads more "offloaded" on the person. I think you should only be able to get a limited number of antipoints for each post. This way someone won't be banned over one post.
    Share on Google+

go davey!!!!! woo hoo! i totally support this
    Share on Google+

Sounds like a good idea to me. Would get new people from getting negative pointed into oblivion for just one or two bad posts. I would set the limit for negative points from 75-100 per post though.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)
    Share on Google+

Good idea. I support and hope it works.
    w00t!
    [gloworange]Die, or surrender, either way won\'t work.[/gloworange]
    [shadow]HuntX7[/shadow]
    Share on Google+

I would like to point out that I agree with game, as a newb with few posts under my belt and even less APs I am very careful what I post, because I for one like this site and would not like to be banned anytime soon.

Greg
    Share on Google+

yeah, I agree.
    Bleh.
    Share on Google+

I think it's a great idea.
    Patrickjb
    Share on Google+

I don't think it would work too well, real jerks would just find other posts and assign antipoints to those. That, and would that only protect the thread starter, not participants or subsequent posts by the same person?

Here's one to try tossing out: After a certain time, threads start to become 'stale', and as they do so, any points given within the thread count for less and less until the thread is officially 'stale' and points can no longer be assigned to posts within it...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency
    Share on Google+

I was just going to say the same thing, Terr. Excellent idea GameMaster - but Terr does have a point.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]
    Share on Google+