Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mail server

Unhappy Mail server

Hi, I have a problem with my ISP, they are blocking the port 25, or 110, the problem is that I cant receive mails by my mail server but I can send mail from it, is there any way to get through that, with a program or something?
    \"I hold you so that you will be whole.\"
    \"I\'m not whole. Does that mean that you
    won\'t hold me anymore?\"

Use online-based email?

No its not like that, i want to make a mail server, so I can run a web-based Mail service , but its not fun to have one when you only can send mail from it

The Iceman Cometh
    Does your ISP allow you to run a mail server? Many ISPs will only allow you to do so if you have a business/enterprise account, not a personal account. You may want to check into their EULA and see what they say about running your own server with their service. A friend of mine was abruptly disconnected from her ISP when they discovered that she was running a mail/ftp server. Just think you may wanna look into it before you try anything you may not be allowed to with your service plan.

AJ

Double check your settings, see if you're ISP uses pop.yourisp.com or pop3.yourisp.com (worked for me)
    Sometimes ISP's have diffrent settings then standards, and like adven said, does your ISP allow you to run a mailserver yourself?

No my ISP dosent alow me to run a mail server thats the problem, so i was wondering if there is some way to work around that, like some service that recive the mails and send it to my computer just on another port, is there anyone that can help ?

The Iceman Cometh
    That makes it slightly more difficult. How many users do you have/plan to have on your mail server? Theoretically, you could set up a different reply-to address (say, some free web-based service which provides mail-forwarding) and then find a way to download or export each of those messages directly into your mail server. I don't know though... just a thought.

AJ

Originally posted here by Charmed Rulez
    No my ISP dosent alow me to run a mail server thats the problem, so i was wondering if there is some way to work around that, like some service that recive the mails and send it to my computer just on another port, is there anyone that can help ?
    By getting one of those free web based e-mail addresses that collect pop3 mail and also do forwarding, I believe www.zzn.com has that.
    I use a zzn account and it can check pop3 and forward to other addresses.
    There is only one problem, you'll get spammed to death no matter how many filters you set.
    If you want to spend a little cash, then get a good web based mail server for 5 bucks a month that does pop3 and forwarding.

Hmm, how can it do that, my port 25 is blocked, so how can it forward to that port.

i want to run a mail server, and on that other people can signup and get a free mail account, like hotmail, but i if you tryes to send mail to admin@domain.com, you just get a error, saying that it coudent be delivered

then get another provider that does support it, we're running out of options
    besides even if you find a dirty way to make it work and your ISP finds out then your screwed, they will cut you off quoting their terms of use/policies etc faster then you think