Hypothetical question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical question

Banned

Lightbulb Hypothetical question

Really think about this one as it could boggle you mind?

What if there was no money in the world. everything was free. people would go to work just for a living and to help everyone else. its not as stupid as it sounds. 95% of household arguaments are over money. 67% of marrieges are divorced because of finacila income.

think about it?

The Iceman Cometh
    Isn't that kind of the principle behind Communism? Not to be offensive to anyone or their beliefs... just curious. I haven't taken an Econ or PolySci class in quite a while...

AJ

Marxism perhaps? I don't know, but communism has never been proven to work, only to fail and cause chaos.

The Iceman Cometh
    For anyone who cares, I was bored, so did some quick searching about Communism/Marxism and came up with the following (from Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia):

"Communism, a concept or system of society in which the major resources and means of production are owned by the community rather than by individuals. In theory, such societies provide for equal sharing of all work, according to ability, and all benefits, according to need. Some conceptions of communist societies assume that, ultimately, coercive government would be unnecessary and therefore that such a society would be without rulers."

So it's based upon the same principles... basically, a search for utopia through everyone being equal and treated equally by the government. The reason something like this would fail is because one would have to abolish all private property because otherwise, if one person were to own, for instance (hypothetically), a BMW and another owned a VW Bug, they would no longer be equal, and would lead to chaos (which is basically what happened to states which attempted to mainstream communism).

AJ

Well China is a communist country, still someone has a Mercedes and the other a beat up toyota
    I recall reading in the news how some crazy chinese guy hired a few fighters to smash his mercedes because he had problems with it.

theoretically it would be nice, but how many people would actually continue to go to work...especially to do the less desirable jobs...i doubt i would.
    A+, Network+ Certified.

It could be nice, but the problem is;
    person A is a dentist
    person B is a garbage truck driver

person A has spent years/money getting his degree while person B hasn't
    now they both share the same income,home,car etc etc

isn't it normal to expect person A to start bitching and moaning about the system?

Banned
    HA, That idea is from star trek, remember when they went back in time and they had that discussion with kirk.

Banned
    If there was nothing to gain, I don't think we would have some of our most important discoveries. And many people become doctors or other difficult professions for the money. In some ways greed makes the world go 'round. After all, if you found out you would get the same money if were a doctor who would be stressed and tired or as a ngiht janitor who only works 3 hours a night, which would you choose?

Originally posted here by BlazeTech
    HA, That idea is from star trek, remember when they went back in time and they had that discussion with kirk.
    You mean what I posted?
    if so, it's not from star trek but from what I whas taught in social studies back when I whas at high school